Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
If you do decide to have it replaced you can always ask your dealer to match the price from cheapcycleparts. They sell the belt for $309.99 with free shipping. Sales tax may still make it cheaper to purchase online though. Doesn't cost anything to ask for a discount.

On my 2010 RT I rode from Michigan to Nevada spitting teeth from the belt. I knew something was wrong but I didn't say anything, the belt finally broke and it was replaced under warranty. There was no sign of rock damage on it.

Last week we replaced the belt on my friend's F3 Ltd, she had caught a rock or something in it and had ridden with the belt like that from WI to NV. Who knows when it would have broken it could have been on the next ride or next year. 2016-12-14_09-07-26_009.jpg
If that had been mine I would probably cut the little projection off and continue running it. The reinforcing fiber is a continuous spiral and I'm sure the belts are well over sized so the there wouldn't have been much reduction in total strength. Kind of like the belt type tracks on tractors. A rebuilder of them told us in a Lion's lunch presentation that they will retread a belt with breaks at the edge, but not in the middle. They'll retread a track with up to about a 20% reduction in width from breaks. I know a tractor track ain't the same as a Spyder drive belt, but the principle is the same.