Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default North Central WA state....

Give me a shout...would love to give you a tour of some of my fav places to ryde. Folks have covered all that I would suggest ...

Spyder Garage

When you get to the end of the Lewis and Clark Trail, Northwest Oregon, give me a shout and I'll gladly show you all of the great roads we ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default don't know where to start

lots of choices, from Ohio head north to the east shore of lake Michigan on up to Sault Ste. Marie into Canada around north shore of Lake Superior back into states. Travel to Duluth many things to see. Pick a route to Fargo ND. I-94 to Medora, ND, take in the musical, south to Black Hills of SD take advantage of the many things to see there. West to Sheridan, WY cross Big horn Mts. To Cody, WY visit museum. Onward to Yellowstone with side trip Jackson Hole, WY go white water rafting if you like. Back north to Glacier NP and Going To The Sun Highway westward to Cascades NP side trip to Grand Coulee Dam, go on the tour if you have time. On the Road again to the coast visit Seattle enjoy a Starbucks visit Mt.Olympis, space needle and other points of interest this is as far as I can go I will leave the rest up to your imagination. Have a great ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Trip help

For 15 years, I drove charter buses across the country. May I suggest googling "Freedom Rock" in western Iowa just off of IH-80?

Enjoy.

JOHN

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    One of my most enjoyable rides was on US 36 in Kansas. Most all farm country with small rural communities every few miles. There was just something about it that made me feel more connected to this country than ever before. Also the three US highways in south Kansas. For that matter, almost any non-Interstate US highway, and many state and county roads, will lead you through the unvarnished real American landscape. But once in awhile even a US highway is nothing but semi-urban blah such as US 40 in Utah.

Google Street View and Google Earth are superb tools for planning. If you're thinking about a particular road take a virtual ride first with either of those programs and you'll soon figure out if it's a road you want to ride or not.

Any one of the non-Interstate routes across the Rockies in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, or New Mexico will make for a great ride. The geography of the landscape varies so much it's hard to comprehend it all.

Decide what sorts of things you want to see, Google them, and make your choices. You'll just have to accept the reality that 80 to 90% of what you'd like to see isn't going to fit into your trip, and you will be bored by some of what you have to travel through in order to see what you want to see. Do what you can and don't fret about the rest. The result will be one helluva good time!
    Much if not most of US36 in Kansas is the old Pony Express route.

Spyder Garage

Default RT34

ROUTE 34 IN COLORADO.....
    i rode it west to east and almost threw-up.... i don't like 'heights'.... and most the entire way i was on the edge of 2000+ foot drop-offs.... scray as crap, but EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL.... i'd ride it again, but east to west, so i'm on the INSIDE..... you pickup RT.34 in ESTES PARK, CO.... AWESOME AWESOME RIDE....
    bring your NATIONAL PARKS PASS with you, otherwise it'll cost you $15..... which btw, is more than worth it... camera, don't forget your CAMERA....
    ANOTHER; and if you don't believe the world is FLAT.... after Rt34, pickup US70 WEST and take a left turn onto Rt.24 i UTAH..... close your eyes, tie your handlebars, fall asleep and wake up 75 miles later in Hanksville, UT.... my good God, you'll be a FLAT EATHER after that ride..... WOW...! ! !
    DAN P
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 12-28-2016 at 04:22 PM.