Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fox Adjustable Shock Kit for 2014 RT?

Other than BajaRon Sway Bar, the rest of my 2014 RTL is OEM. I was wondering if any you guys installed this upgrade and what you think of it. I ride mostly double and combined weight is about 360. My interest in this is because on hard turns, I still get fair amount of lean, was wondering if these would "flatten" out the a hard turns a little better than stock shocks?

Spyder Garage

I have an ST-S, but my wife and I combined are about the same as yours. We have the Fox adjustable shocks and sway bar. There isn't a lot of lean, but I have no experience with factory shocks.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Shocks & sway bar

I have Elka's on my 2014 RTS and almost always ride double and we are about at your weight and with the bar and shocks we have very little leaning...

Ron makes a VERY nice set of adjustors that will work very well on your stock shocks...If he would have had them available when I purchased my 14, I would have gone with them...There are many on the forum that have them so someone may voice their opinion...

larryd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Adjusters....

you could start with the adjusters and see the improvement. If not enough for you you could move on to the shocks... Question would be if you go for the Fox or the more expensive Elkas or Race Tec's....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Fox shocks

I have Fox Shocks on my 2014 RT. The ride is not as soft as stock but cornering is very good, not much lean. No moving all over in strong winds either. Also have the Bajaron swaybar and links. Handling is very good all conditions.........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rons bar,shock adjusters and front car tires will solve most of your concerns. I was even more amazed once I replaced my front tires how well it handles now. Unless you are driving in 50-60 MPH gusts the bike will handle with little effort. . Forgot to mention a proper alignment falls into the equation too.

Spyder Garage

I was in the market for upgraded shocks for my 2014 RT and it was between the Fox and Elkas. I bought the Elkas upon the firm recommendation of the experts at PitBull Powersports. I can't if they were right or wrong, but I can say I am a very happy Elka customer and think their advice was sound.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have Fox shock upgrade on my 2015 RT and can say that it was the best improvement for handling. I also have the upgraded antisway bar, and it is great, but the shocks made the much bigger difference.

You'll love the difference.

I would've bought the Elka shocks, but I didn't know about them at the time. Looking on their website, it doesn't seem like they offer their best lines for the RT. I'll probably upgrade to them when they do.
    2015 RT Limited , black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice Wheels!

Tehrlich

thanks for the comment on the Fox shocks, much appreciated. Really like your rims.