Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S and Mustang Seats

All things considered and being very subjective, are Mustang seat considered to be
    comfortable for an all day, long haul? Also, will the stock backrest for pilot and co-pilot
    fit the seats or will that be an extra expense?
    Thanks in advance!!

Dray

Spyder Garage

Can't speak as to the Mustang.. but I've used Corbin seats for over 100,000 miles on my first two Spyders and love them. Saving up some $$$ to get one for the F3.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Dray,

I added the Mustang seat for my F3 as well as their backrest. I can speak for the seat because I find the foam to be a much better quality than the stock seat and therefore absorbs shock better. This will certainly help for the long haul. Mustang says their seats are designed in house and are handmade as well. They are also made out of stitched, heavy duty vinyl; this should have them hold up better than leather. I can also say that their seat has more seating area than stock. I just added the Mustang back rest and can't comment on it until I ride it. I do like the look of it as it looks both simple and functional without being to obtrusive, as this was a concern of mine. There is a large thumb screw that adjusts its position. Hope this helps.

Norm
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

The only backrest that fits the seat correctly is the one from Mustang. I have the Mustang on mine it's a lot better than the stock seat for me .
    As for two up with the rear could'nt tell you as I only ride single. The backrest I don't care for , it doesn't do much I use it to slip my bag on to .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Can't speak as to the Mustang.. but I've used Corbin seats for over 100,000 miles on my first two Spyders and love them. Saving up some $$$ to get one for the F3.....
    I have to agree about Corbins , I'm on my forth with my F3T and they have all been a vast improvment over stock seats from Honda to Yamaha Leather is so much better than vinyl on your bum, just my 2cents .1110161330.jpg