Spyder Garage

Default Competition for Curve Carving with My F3-S

I originally purchased my Can-Am Spyder F3-S to be a compliment to my Harley Tri Glide which I liken to a "Barco Lounger" of a trike. In the intervening time, I acquired a well-built kit car that unfortunately will "blow the doors" off the F3-S (neither the F3 or the Brunton have doors). However, I do not plan to sell the F3-S at this time because all of my rides are soooooo different. I really question my sanity but am having a lot of fun even though I am having to insure 4 licensed toys. I am including a picture of my Brunton Stalker which is powered by a GM 3800 naturally aspirated V-6 with 250 horsepower and only weighs about 1400 pounds. Thankfully, I retired a couple of weeks ago so have plenty of time to play with all of these toys. The only tough part (no sympathy requested) will be to decide which machine I want to ride on any given day. Bob's Brunton Stalker.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A sweet ride!

Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ooooo...!!🤔

I had one of those...Mine was a Lotus Super 7 with a cosworth engine... that was a sweet ride..but still prefer the spyder RS...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I had one of those...Mine was a Lotus Super 7 with a cosworth engine... that was a sweet ride..but still prefer the spyder RS...
    Chupaca, That is why I am in no rush to let any of the toys go. I am both envious and relieved that I have a Lotus 7 replica that uses American parts. I know I don't have to tell you and once owned a Lotus Elan S2 how challenging some of the British parts can be. However, I will be tracking the Stalker with racing slicks in SCCA Solo Events (autocross) in the E Modified class so that I can keep my driving skills sharp. As they say, different horses for different courses. Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Very, very nice, Bob.......have you made your will out yet? .......some of us out here in the Antipodes are verrry poor, you know!
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you think it's fun now, find a Driver School that will let you run it on a race track.

Spyder Garage

Pete, I have been following all of your farkle purchases headed for Oz and have a feeling that your poverty is slightly overstated . However, these parts do add up. Sam, within one day of announcing my purchase of the Stalker on a Lotus 7/Lotus 7 replica forum, a fellow poster had invited me to a private HPDE (High Performance Driving Experience) only two hours from my home. Unfortunately, I occasionally raced go carts when I was a kid and was never very good. Did better on sport bikes but still not competitive. At age 67, I don't think my bones would heal very quickly so I offered to work at the HPDE and will enjoy others going head-to-head in their respective experience categories. I prefer autocross because it is a solo event and the risk of a high-speed off-course excursion is almost nil.
    Last edited by Capt. Bob; 10-30-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That thing looks like more fun than picking on your kid sister, when nobody is looking!
    Let us know when you hit a "track day" with it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black