Spyder Garage

Default 2009 GS seat fitment

The seat on newer models is much more comfortable than my stock seat. What year/model would fit my 09 and does anyone have a stock one they would like to part with?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

Any year seat for the GS, RS, RSS will work. I do have a 2012 but don't know how different it is from yours. You may have to go newer...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you sure that your seat isn't as comfortable because the foam within it is deteriorating?
    I don't believe that BRP has changed those seats much; if at all.
    (Nothing has been advertised...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You are right, looks like I would need the Comfort seat or Ultimate or something like it.

Spyder Garage

The ST has an improved seat. Same shape with better foam or gel and upgraded/stitched cover. It is definitely more comfortable but not as nice as the comfort seat. The RSS might have the same.
    Can be tough to find these used.

The ultimate, mustang, and others are a step or several above the comfort, while a premium price.
    Although if you are interested in backrest, they can be cheaper in the long run.
    Rare to find any used but the corbin and people often want too much.

I got my comfort at local dealer for under 500 out the door. Well worth it. Sit more in the seat instead of on a hump. Also don't slide forward with the better shape. Some say it moves you back an inch or 2 but i think it is more not sliding forward. I posted stock vs comfort pics in the RS forum.

Seats are similar to windshields, personal preference and everyone has an opinion.

One of the sponsors sells a kit to replace the foam with gel for the RT. Not sure on GS/RS.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Conformax Gel

Install my Seat Gel that will make you
    and your butt very happy
    ONLY $79.95 an easy do it your self install
    Give mea call
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mn.roadking View Post
    The seat on newer models is much more comfortable than my stock seat. What year/model would fit my 09 and does anyone have a stock one they would like to part with?

Spyder Garage

• GS and RS - Smooth seat finished in the same material used for off-road motorbikes (and probably skidoo's:-)) Least comfortable (though I love mine). Curved profile so it allows you to move around to make the most of corners.
    • RSS Seat - Has stitched seams and flatter profile for more comfort.
    • ST - Similar design to RSS but even flatter profile and probably more padding.
    • Comfort Seat. Like an ST seat but has some extra stitching and I'm guessing extra padding. Two part numbers for this, one pre 2013 and 2013 onwards - I'm guessing this is just a change in design style and materials rather than a change in fittings.

If it was me I'd go for Dave's gel insert as it seems the best solution and I've heard nothing but good things about them.