Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool What size cargo trailer

Looking to confirm the size of an enclosed cargo trailer that a 2015 RTL will fit into. I think a 6x10 will work but was hoping for some actual experience. I have a length limitation as I will be pulling this trailer behind my RV.

Thanks for the help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

6x10 might work...
    But leave yourself more "wiggle-room", with a 7x12.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

may also be the difference of pulling in forward or having it back in... but then what are the limitations you are dealing with.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

A 6 X 10 enclosed trailer may work depending on the brand and how it is built. For width. Are the lift cables far enough apart on the ramp door to fit through. Maybe not on a 6 foot width. 7 foot wide would be better. For length 10 feet will not allow front and rear tie down straps. But that is not really a problem just go to front wheel chocks or over the wheel straps.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good info

Thanks everyone, lots of good things here I did not consider. After further review, I forgot to include the length of the tongue when running my calculations on length so a 6x10 will be too long. My issue is both Utah and New Mexico have a 65 foot length limit for triple towing (truck+RV+Spyder trailer). I only have maybe 12 feet total left so I will try to find a utility trailer that will work. Hope to still be able to go to the St George event and meet you all.

Thanks again

Spyder Garage

I use a 6x10 and it's perfect, but if you have that restriction you're gonna be pretty limited. Perhaps a modified tow dolly with the back wheel loaded on it? Another option might be a "Sled deck" Guys in the snowmobile world use them. The sled sits up on top of the bed of the truck, leaving the box open for cargo underneath the sled deck. They obviously load sleds, I would think a Spyder would be just as manageable. There was a guy at Spyderfest selling something very similar, but I don't remember the name of his product/company.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White