Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    Living there I ride the Dragon more that I want to. Early morning being the best time. There are A LOT better rides in the area.

Now about the speed limit, a friend of mine was hammered by a Camaro that was speeding and drifted into his lane Sunday.

Tony has a shattered shoulder & had 6 bones in his ankle sticking out his boot.
    Better rides? Yes indeed. More dangerous rides? No. Now about the Camaro incident - I live in Maryville and ride the Dragon a lot and I heard a Camaro took out some motorcyclists but there were no details. How about the full story if you don't mind.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    Better rides? Yes indeed. More dangerous rides? No. Now about the Camaro incident - I live in Maryville and ride the Dragon a lot and I heard a Camaro took out some motorcyclists but there were no details. How about the full story if you don't mind.
    I wasn't there so I really do not have much to add that would be accurate. Tony is the K9 officer that patrols the dragon. He rides with us every now and then and is a great guy.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are better faster roads in the area. The dragon's reputation is worse than its bite. The danger isn't the road, it's the riders and drivers who blow corners and hit you, and the ones riding over their heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Utah

Drove out to the Dragon from Utah back in early May. Spent 4 days riding the area. So many rides and so little time. Did the skyway, the rattler, the dragon, war woman, and many more. Then headed over to Eureka Springs Arkansas for a few days of riding. That was a really nice area as well. Did all of this before the SpyderFest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    There are better faster roads in the area. The dragon's reputation is worse than its bite. The danger isn't the road, it's the riders and drivers who blow corners and hit you, and the ones riding over their heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Faster roads? Well, yeah - duh! An interstate is faster. How fast is a road that is 11 miles in length with 318 curves? Think those curves all together might slow you down a bit? The Dragon's reputation is well earned and the danger is the road AND riders and drivers such as yourself who think the Dragon's reputation is worse than it's bite.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Ran the Dragon Saturday morning. Got there about 7am. Did 4 runs. First one was sorta slow so I could look for cops. The video I linked was my second run. Tn. To Deals Gap. 71 was my top speed with a slow speed of 25 in the hairpin turns. Generally going 40 to 45 in most turns but if I could see some road ahead of me, I would up it to 55 or 60. Had a ball. Cameras do not do the sharpness of the turns or how fast your speed is any justice. If the sunlight blinds you while watching the video, it was blinding my ass as well.

https://youtu.be/YvzLErHVak8
    Thanks for sharing & glad you had good safe time. By the way your camera needs the date set

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Thanks for sharing & glad you had good safe time. By the way your camera needs the date set
    Yeah, I know. But if you look at the description on the video on Youtube, I mentioned that. Not an excuse, but I just hit record and hope it looks good. Too lazy to go into settings to fix that. LOL

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I will be heading to the Dragon and Cherohola Skyway tomorrow, along with Moonshiner 28 down to the Dry Falls area.
    Today we took the BRP from Maggie Valley up to Little Switzerland. After eating lunch there, we jumped on "the Diamondback" (226A) and took that down to 221. After fueling up, we jumped on the "Devil's Whip" (80) back to the BRP. Had a Bobcat shoot across in front of one of the guys just before the end. Then we took the BRP back down to Mt. Mitchel and then back down to Asheville. Had to make a stop, as a black bear had a stare off with me just before getting into Asheville. Some of the guys were tired, so instead of continuing on the BRP, we got off on I-40 and eventually got back into Maggie Valley. In all, it was a nice 250 mile day. Tomorrow, the rest of my M109 brotherin will be in town, so it will be an exciting day to say the least.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white