Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder on a Snake

A video of my RT on the Famous "Snake" Mulholland Highway in Malibu CA. There is a quick glimpse of the Rock Store the local bike gathering location. It was a slow day there. The Snake basically starts after the Rock store and goes until the top of the hill where i turn around. Notice that i REALLY slow down waiting for the goldwing and harley in front of me to get way up ahead so they would not hinder my ride, and i still caught them

https://youtu.be/uDjtrK098Cw

Some pictures at the top, of course i have already added 1330 decals, driver backrest and floorboards since this picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

nice ride

Spyder Garage

Nice view!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Neat!

I noticed a ton of bikes and I think I saw a Porsche in there. Is this a place people go to test their skills and/or luck on curves? Looks fun with lovely scenery.

I especially enjoyed the def leppard at the end.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice ryde...

Thanks for the ryde-a-long... looks like a invigorating ryde to say the least with some great views for the passenger....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Thanks for the ryde-a-long... looks like a invigorating ryde to say the least with some great views for the passenger....
    Chupaca
    If you have never been up there you have to take a ride and also stop at the Rock Store to eat and drink
    It is not that far From San Diego
    When I lived in Torrance Calif. I rode the Snake many times and enjoyed a few drinks at the Rock Store

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTwyn View Post
    I noticed a ton of bikes and I think I saw a Porsche in there. Is this a place people go to test their skills and/or luck on curves? Looks fun with lovely scenery.

I especially enjoyed the def leppard at the end.
    Thanks all!

Yes for the most part, there are some people that just ride and enjoy the view but most weekends you can find a couple guys on supersports just going up and down the same section of road over and over again. At the bottom is the Rock Store which is the big gathering place for bikes and at the top is a photographer that takes your picture as you come around one of the sharper corners. Here is an example on my last cruiser.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    Chupaca
    If you have never been up there you have to take a ride and also stop at the Rock Store to eat and drink
    It is not that far From San Diego
    When I lived in Torrance Calif. I rode the Snake many times and enjoyed a few drinks at the Rock Store
    Its a great ride, probably about 2.5 hours from SD if traffic is good. Mulholland will take you from the valley to the ocean, dumps you on the Pacific Coast highway where you can ride up through ventura or down through the malibu coast. There is another motorcycle gathering location on the ocean at Neptunes Net as well. Get to see all kinds of spruced up bikes and trikes.

This and Angeles Crest highway are my favorite rides. i will post a vid on that one next time i head up there. come up and spend a night you could do both