Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

yea it's the rocks you have to wach out for. They don't compress between the belt and pulley. Tear holes in the belt.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Quicksand - Boulders etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    Okay, so I've searched the threads for "missing belt guard" and am poised to purchase the 2014/15 spyderpop, but before I do, just to be sure ...... I've got a stock belt guard on my 2015 RT-S, but it doesn't fully cover the belt 'cuz there's a gap in back, right? So this is a definite upgrade. And, BTW, not only are my roads dirt/mud, but large sections, sometimes a mile long, are frequently topped with 6" deep, sharp stones which ultimately disappear into the quicksand (necessitating regular reapplication). In fact, these seas of gravel are one of the reasons I chose a tadpole to replace my old "leaner" (I'm enjoying learning Spyder lingo!) as I squiggle my way to the nearest pavement.
    From your description of the type of terrain you are going to be riding on..........I'm thinking an ATV would have been a better choice,....at least to get to the Spyder which is parked near pavement ................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That sure does sound like a serious test of any vehicle...
    As much as I HATE to say this: is it possible to wait for the road's surface to "calm down", before taking the Spyder out into it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    From your description of the type of terrain you are going to be riding on..........I'm thinking an ATV would have been a better choice,....at least to get to the Spyder which is parked near pavement ................Mike
    I only have to ride on this type of surface long enough to make my way to the nearest pavement, which is more than a mile in any direction from our farm. I've got an ATV for riding around our fields and (illegally) down our dirt roads (put 800 miles on it this winter just in our hayfield).

So, anyway, I guess the answer to my question is, yes, I do really need the better chain guard!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That sure does sound like a serious test of any vehicle...
    As much as I HATE to say this: is it possible to wait for the road's surface to "calm down", before taking the Spyder out into it?
    LOL, and as much as I'm HATING to do it, that's exactly where I am right now, and why I was so excited to get my first ride in last week - rare for March and already not do-able again with the recent rains. I've put several miles on "Spyke", my Spyder, just circling our house which is on high ground! LOL But I keep sitting on her in the barn and promising better times are a comin'!
    Last edited by ruralgirl; 03-15-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

With respect to the original question reference opening the "frunk", why not just push down on the "frunk release" switch? Did I miss something? You can push down on that while the engine is running and the frunk will open.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default DID YOU ????

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    With respect to the original question reference opening the "frunk", why not just push down on the "frunk release" switch? Did I miss something? You can push down on that while the engine is running and the frunk will open.

Chris
    .......Yes you did........I believe that was answered in post #2 , but most of the people here don't read what anyone else has posted...........some Don't even check back for answers to their own questions........................jmho,.....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-15-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .......Yes you did........I believe that was answered in post #2 , but most of the people here don't read what anyone else has posted...........some Don't even check back for answers to their own questions........................jmho,.....Mike
    I'm still confused. I saw post 2. However, that is different from what I'm suggesting. When I say push down on the trunk release, I meant the trunk release switch on the RT. i.e., the lower portion of the brake switch. Am I mm asking sense ?

Spyder Garage

Default FRUNK RELEASE

I'm still confused. I saw post 2. However, that is different from what I'm suggesting. When I say push down on the trunk release, I meant the trunk release switch on the RT. i.e., the lower portion of the brake switch. Am I mm asking sense ?
    Well post #2 , #3 #5 answer Her problem/question - and if She even has a special " frunk release switch " - you should tell Her and us where it is......Pics would help......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chris
    Chris,
    The newer RTs don't have the "magic button" any more...

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Therein lies the answer. Thanks Bob.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to enlighten you!

Ever since the 2014 model year: we've been griping about the loss of the "frunk button".

It seems that instead of opening the Frunklid; some folks were releasing their parking brakes, and letting their bikes accidentally roll away...
    So BRP just pulled the plug!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Release Button

Interesting comments! And, yes, I have a 2015, so no such magic button.