Spyder Garage

Default Upgraded from SENA SMH-10R to 20s...OMG the difference is amazing!

Wife and I decided to update our Sena headsets for this riding season as we have a number of group rides where we want more than 2 way communication. I bought one pair of 20S headsets so far at a great deal and watching for a second pair.

Anyway, we took a nice Valentines ride yesterday since the weather was so nice and got to really use the new 20s headsets for the first time. The difference from the older 10R sets is amazing.

First they link up with phone and other headsets MUCH faster when turned on.

Next, the wind and road noise in the background coming over the intercom is GONE. Silent. Just the voice and so much easier to understand without needing to be nearly as loud.

Next, I used the multitasking mode with music from my phone while conversing with Louise. Was amazing how well it worked. I never had to press a button or anything. The music fades a bit and her voice comes through. Same when I speak. It just works.

Next, a feature our cars have had for ages but not in the helmet was noise level or speed sensitive volume adjust. IE when you stop at a light and the noise level drops, the music lowers to compensate. Very nice indeed.

Look forward to trying pairing with another brand head set this weekend but even if that does not work all that well, 4 of these in a group will be a far site better than where we were.

Just thought I would post some comments relating the change the new tech makes work. So easy to use.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 02-17-2016 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Fixed model number

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very timely, my son was just talking to me about upgrading tonight.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SMH20 ?????????????

Hi Dave here
    Are you sure you have SENA SMH-20 I have never had that part number in stock
    Could you be meaning the SENA 20S head sets ?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Wife and I decided to update our Sena headsets for this riding season as we have a number of group rides where we want more than 2 way communication. I bought one pair of SMH-20 headsets so far at a great deal and watching for a second pair.

Anyway, we took a nice Valentines ride yesterday since the weather was so nice and got to really use the new 20s headsets for the first time. The difference from the older 10R sets is amazing.

Next, the wind and road noise in the background coming over the intercom is GONE. Silent. Just the voice and so much easier to understand without needing to be nearly as loud.

Next, I used the multitasking mode with music from my phone while conversing with Louise. Was amazing how well it worked. I never had to press a button or anything. The music fades a bit and her voice comes through. Same when I speak. It just works.

Next, a feature our cars have had for ages but not in the helmet was noise level or speed sensitive volume adjust. IE when you stop at a light and the noise level drops, the music lowers to compensate. Very nice indeed.

Look forward to trying pairing with another brand head set this weekend but even if that does not work all that well, 4 of these in a group will be a far site better than where we were.

Just thought I would post some comments relating the change the new tech makes work. So easy to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 02-15-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree. I also have my XM sat in 88.1 on the fm unit.

Spyder Garage

Yes, Sena 20S headsets. Sorry if the wrong model number in the title confused anyone. Cannot edit the title.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wife and I decided to update our Sena headsets for this riding season as we have a number of group rides where we want more than 2 way communication. I bought one pair of 20S headsets so far at a great deal and watching for a second pair.

I am so glad to hear someone else here like them. I have had mine since July when I purchased the Spyder and I think they are the best headsets I have ever used, including better sound that the wired sets.

Battery life on them is about 10-12 hours if playing music the whole time, and then you can plug them in and keep riding if you want to. I loved your review!! Awesome product!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Just ordered my dual 20s set yesterday for 360/free ship. Looking forward to using them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    Just ordered my dual 20s set yesterday for 360/free ship. Looking forward to using them.

You can do better than that on price....just sayin

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Edit

Yes, Sena 20S headsets. Sorry if the wrong model number in the title confused anyone. Cannot edit the title.
    To edit title, press edit button then advanced button if this helps.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Cool, they bring out new stuff often and some times it's hard to keep up
    Dave

Spyder Garage

You can do better than that on price....just sayin
    Where can u get these for the best price?
    Thx

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Where can u get these for the best price?
    Thx
    motorcycledave.com a sponsor here.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Sena S20

Just purchased a set of Sena S20's last week, unfortunately have not been able to try them out except in the house, still have 2 feet of snow outside! Had to pay a little north of $600 for the set because of the poor Canadian peso exchange. Was very easy to mount on a Bell Revolver EVO modular helmet and the mike tucks away nicely and does not interfere when you lift the chin bar. Can't wait for the snow to go and the temp rises!

Spyder Garage

Default Price?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hi Dave here
    Are you sure you have SENA SMH-20 I have never had that part number in stock
    Could you be meaning the SENA 20S head sets ?
    Dave
    Price?

Spyder Garage

Default SENA 20s

Hi
    please use my regular email address
    because I may not see it here for
    several days.
    motorcycledave@mac.com
    209-887-3287 or call me
    The 20s dual pack for 2 helmets is $439.95
    the single unit price is $260.95
    shipped Free FedX

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    Price?
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 02-18-2016 at 09:24 PM.