Thread: Sadddlebags

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Tank Bag

Can you tell us a bit about your tank bag?

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Hello all,

Been wanting to post my solution to the saddlebags for a while, finally got a chance to snap a few photos this afternoon.

First, I think the Can Am Saddlebags look good on the bike, but for what they offer they seem way overpriced to me? And those Corbins look great! I don't even want to ask what they cost?

Here's a lower priced fix that I've been using. A pair of Yamaha Star Raider saddlebags that I had laying around. If memory serves I paid $225 for them, had to also buy a chrome bracket to install first, before mounting the bags. Walked by them one day and thought "they wouldn't look bad on the F3s?" Held the mounting bracket up next to the Spyder and the mounting holes were very close, 10 minutes with a round file and the brackets bolted right onto the Spyder. I ran the leather cross strap under the passenger seat, and in less than 1/2 an hour had my simple and very inexpensive bag solution in action. Total cost for me was zero dollars, but even if you had to buy a pair from a Yamaha dealer, you would come in way under $300 total.

OldDog mentioned in this thread that Leatherlykes should also work, and I think that they would also be an inexpensive alternative to the Can Am bags.

I'll try to put a couple of photos at the end of this, just in case any of you have some of these Star bags laying around as I did.

John C
    Peyton CO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TANK BAG

.................It's probably one of Nelson Riggs many offerings....they come in different sizes......go to their site and you can get the exact specs.......I guess you have an F-3, so remember you need to be able to detach one end so you can add gas ...........................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hers what I put on they are bags I had on my indian chief just sitting in the shed so I put them on with the brakets that came with the bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

RPATSH

Any chance you can post a picture of the back end as a few people have said about the poor fit if the lids etc, did you get that with yours?

Ant

Spyder Garage

Thought I would share some of the pictures of the issues I have had with my corbin bags that I returned to the company. As I said in my prior post, hinges do not latch appropriately causing marks on metal plate and paint chipping, major gaps in the door causing leaking. I hope that Corbin does the right thing and replaces both of them as this is how they came to me early last summer.
    In answer to your question about the space, they are very spacious!!! Just wish they could get their design figured out!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Goldenpup; 02-06-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice BUT no quality control

No way you or anyone else should have to pay 2 grand for their shoddy product.
    Hope they pull their heads out, and refund your money or replace them with a quality product.
    Heard great things about their company, but this shows poor workmen ship and a company that doesn't stand behind the product is not a good company.
    I wish the best for you.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default got Mine Today

My Corbin Fleetliner bags came in and the Corbin Ormand Beach shop installed them today. The left bag is kicked out, and sits higher than the right. Defiantly not as shown in their ad on how they should look when mounted.
    Last edited by doctorlbug; 02-03-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glad you got a good set, hopefully the company will help out those who got a bad set.
    Enjoy them.
    DJ
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default How is left hand side

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    My Corbin Fleetliner bags came in and the Corbin Ormand Beach shop installed them today. Great looking bags, worth the wait.
    How is left hand side ?
    any gaps or exactly as right hand side? Does it securely lock or looks locked but when you pull it up it will open ?
    look at pictures posted above, and compare with yours.
    im asking because of safety not look.

Spyder Garage

Default Did you receive another fixed one

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenpup View Post
    Thought I would share some of the pictures of the issues I have had with my corbin bags that I returned to the company. As I said in my prior post, hinges do not latch appropriately causing marks on metal plate and paint chipping, major gaps in the door causing leaking. I hope that Corbin does the right thing and replaces both of them as this is how they came to me early last summer.
    In answer to your question about the space, they are very spacious!!! Just wish they could get their design figured out!
    i had same exact as I mentioned here in old post.
    Did Corbin fixed it?

Spyder Garage

I ordered my corbin bags through our local dealership and we still have not heard if the two bags are being replaced under warranty. I can't believe it if I get stuck with any bill over this! In repsonse to your question about locking, both of mine locked after you pushed down twice on them so the latch actually fell into the correct hole on the other end! It appears that the latches were too small for the lid and were not lined up appropriately to latch properly when you lowered the lid. Once you pushed again on it, the lid would latch, but because they were not aligned correctly, I had a bunch of stratches on my chrome plate and the rest of the lid didn't seal all the way and leaked when riding in the rain!!

Glad to hear the prior posting received his new bags and they work! Any suggestions on next steps as it is very difficult to get a timely response from this company? Myself and the dealership have provided everything that has been asked of us.

Spyder Garage

Default Be careful

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenpup View Post
    I ordered my corbin bags through our local dealership and we still have not heard if the two bags are being replaced under warranty. I can't believe it if I get stuck with any bill over this! In repsonse to your question about locking, both of mine locked after you pushed down twice on them so the latch actually fell into the correct hole on the other end! It appears that the latches were too small for the lid and were not lined up appropriately to latch properly when you lowered the lid. Once you pushed again on it, the lid would latch, but because they were not aligned correctly, I had a bunch of stratches on my chrome plate and the rest of the lid didn't seal all the way and leaked when riding in the rain!!

Glad to hear the prior posting received his new bags and they work! Any suggestions on next steps as it is very difficult to get a timely response from this company? Myself and the dealership have provided everything that has been asked of us.
    mine even when locked, with speed they opened. And that is when I called Corbin direct and gave threat to take it further for my safety. Also, when you lock it, put your finger between body and lid, it will open.
    I still can't believe that Corbin after all these complains, are ignoring them and keep sending the bad ones. It is not cheap bags...
    I'm going to post new one, big cry/shout to Corbin. It may stop new F3 owners from facing same issues.