Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for everyone's note's, they are greatly appreciated. The frustrating thing for me is that I've gotten the worst cold/bronchitis I've had in years, all at the same time these were delivered.

I finally got myself to a point I felt I could get outside and ride this bad boy a little bit on Sunday which made my day! I bought these 2 Spyder's without ever test driving one, going off all of the posts of everyone saying how much fun they were to ride. I was a long timer motorcycle rider but my wife had never driven something on her own and ultimately took the course a week ago on a spyder. You should see her face when she's riding. That was worth the cost alone.

Interesting serial number set that my wife and the dealer pointed out. I have serial 005, my wife has......007. Yes, the infamous James Bond 007 which really made it that much more special to her. Unfortunately she get's the James Bond treatment, I get the "Johnny 5" comparison. You'll have to look that movie fact up if you don't know. Until then I'll be searching for something better than Johnny 5.

I have to say as a brand new rider coming from a motorcycle and not test drive beforehand, I was seriously blown away. First let me say that they are a blast to drive but I was honestly surprised how much it is NOT like a motorcycle ride. It really is like riding a snowmobile on wheels. Atleast that's the only way for me to explain it. Very different but equally fun to ride. I also found it very intuitive and easy to ride however I did read through all of the do's and don't on here before hand. No death grip, slow down and power through the curves and brake with your foot. It will take me a little bit of time to make sure I'm not riding the brake and shifting through the right rpm's.

I have to say that I really do love the look of these in triple black. They look "sick" up close and personal. We have a number of accessories ordered that will make it look like the Bonneville edition without the Bonneville wheels or exhaust. Basically making it look sportier. I wasn't sure about the black chrome rims from all of the pictures online but honestly they look awesome in person. They are really nice looking rims and I wouldn't change a think about them. Most of the accessories should be in by the end of the week and the dealer is going to pick them both back up and put the accessories on all at one time.

Once I can get over this nasty bug I want to get it out on the road up and up to speed to really feel how it rides. I just took it around my neighborhood and really didn't get it up past 40. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will be over the crud and be able to get outside to really enjoy these.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDeck View Post
    <snip>
    I have to say as a brand new rider coming from a motorcycle and not test drive beforehand, I was seriously blown away. First let me say that they are a blast to drive but I was honestly surprised how much it is NOT like a motorcycle ride. It really is like riding a snowmobile on wheels. Atleast that's the only way for me to explain it. Very different but equally fun to ride. <snip>
    I came from several years on two wheels, and found the exact same thing you did. It was several miles before I quit reaching for "phantom" clutch and brake levers. Having never ridden a snowmobile or a jetski, I had a few things to unlearn - but actually, I found the "learning" process a lot of fun.

Having gotten my F3s just a month ago, I still don't have a lot of miles on it, but I can honestly say I'm a lot more comfortable in the twisties and at highway speeds - than the first few miles. Yes, the Dos and Don't post helped a lot. Really looking forward to Spring now.

All of my last few rides were the kind where you don't really want to return home and put it in the garage.... you just want to keep riding.

Hope you can shake off that crud real soon.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!! They are beautiful.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Guess I am the minority report here....

I do NOT like the black primer look. Looks very unfinished.
    They just forgot to paint it
    That is one menacing looking machine

Spyder Garage

Default cleaning/protecting the finish?

Is it real that wax is taboo on the flat matte finishes? And is the "matte finish protectant" product needed?
    I read that, but am ignorant if it's hype or real....
    jb

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Guess I am the minority report here....

I do NOT like the black primer look. Looks very unfinished.

I look at it as a clean canvas for some customization.

Envious!

Spyder Garage

Default F3's Not

Several people had done air box & eliminated Cat to muffler modifications. I would like to know if there is any documented proof of performance aka rwhp & also if any ECU re-flashing was required.
    attached is a video after I replaced the carburetor jets on my F3's. count the seconds between 70 mph & 145 mph. Remember I'm here to helpor No t.

Oh' look--I just saw a flock of flying pigs go by...
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Congrats!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Several people had done air box & eliminated Cat to muffler modifications. I would like to know if there is any documented proof of performance aka rwhp & also if any ECU re-flashing was required.
    attached is a video after I replaced the carburetor jets on my F3's. count the seconds between 70 mph & 145 mph. Remember I'm here to helpor No t.

Oh' look--I just saw a flock of flying pigs go by...
    That is OFF THE HOOK MINT ! ! ! ! !

Spyder Garage

Love the all black !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Congrats!!!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!