Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of buying a 2015 RTS SE6--got a couple of questions--

We are contemplating trading in our 2012 RTS SE5 for a new 2015 RTS SE6.

I am curious to whether or not you all think I should go with a BajaRon Swaybar for this bike or not.

I have been told if I put ELKA Stage 2 shocks on that I probably will NOT need a sway bar. That BRP made some changes in their bar and that the position of the shocks with Elkas firm things up really well. What do you all think?

I know with my 2012 that we did a shock relocation and put Elka shocks on and combined it raised my Spyder up really nicely. I am a little concerned on my low clearance of a new Spyder living on gravel.

I will add a 3rd brake light (Why BRP doesn't do it automatically I don't get) Elka socks, BumpSkid and Missing Rock Guard. I will transfer my handbrake to the new bike but they will need to put a couple of other pieces in to make it work with the 2015. Will also put pig tail on my battery for a tender. Think we will add a hitch this time around too.

Anything else to consider?

Thanks for your help from those who already stepped up to the 1330!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would add the BajaRon Sway Bar and his new shock adjusters. They raise the Spyder nicely, I can back out my steep driveway now without scraping. You can save yourself a lot of money by going this route and my Spyder handles absolutely fantastic.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I had my 2010 RT; I gave it the full-boat BajaRon/Elka treatment...
    But my 2014 was so good, that the only change I've made, is his shock preload adjusters. (So Far!)
    Truthfully; his anti-Swaybar is probably going to go on my bike eventually. It handles really well for most of my riding, so I'm still debating with myself over it...
    Why not put some miles on the new bike, and THEN make the decision?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a 14 rt ltd. I put the sway bar on as so many feel it is a must. I cant say I see much improvement over the stock sway bar.

Spyder Garage

You might want to consider laser alignment. It made a difference on my '14 RT-S.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Clarification please....

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I would add the BajaRon Sway Bar and his new shock adjusters. They raise the Spyder nicely, I can back out my steep driveway now without scraping. You can save yourself a lot of money by going this route and my Spyder handles absolutely fantastic.
    HI SpyderAnn:

When you say "BajaRon" new shock adjusters what are you referring to exactly? I cannot locate information on this.

My dealer when I spoke with him said that BRP has put their shock mounts within like 1/16 of an inch from where they were installing their "Shock Re-locator" So I was told I shouldn't have to do anything else other than upgrade to Elka Stage 2 Shocks.

So not sure what the BajaRon Shock adjusters are.

As I said in my original post on my 2012 the shock re-locator and Elka's really raised my 2012 and I like it a lot. Just not sure what will happen if we go ahead and upgrade to a 2015 RTS- SE6.

Thank you for your time and help!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

You won't need the battery tender pigtail. My 2015 RTS came with the pigtail already factory installed in the frunk. Nice job BRP.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadlinerrobear7 View Post
    You won't need the battery tender pigtail. My 2015 RTS came with the pigtail already factory installed in the frunk. Nice job BRP.

Your dealer must've put that pigtail in for you. It doesn't come from the factory like that.

Pam

Spyder Garage

Hmmm...thanks about the pigtail. Came brand new from iMotorsports with zero miles and a pre-installed Battery Tender specific pigtail. Extra blessing I didnt pay for. Gee now I even feel better about buying from an out of state dealer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm...thanks about the pigtail. Came brand new from iMotorsports with zero miles and a pre-installed Battery Tender specific pigtail. Extra blessing I didnt pay for. Gee now I even feel better about buying from an out of state dealer

iMotorsports did the same pre-installed Battery Tender specific pigtail and a full tank of gas for mine as well in April - classy touch - never mentioned - nice surprise
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Thx BeRight. Same here with full tank of gas. Love iMotorsports! Good to be another happy customer! Ride safe. Thx to you too Pam.

Spyder Garage

My '14 came with the pigtail also and so did a friend's '14.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

The pigtail for battery tender on my new 2015 RTL is on the left side (sitting on the Spyder) under the wheel well.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default OUCH!

My dealer wanted a $100.00 to install a tender lead. Being all thumbs, I installed one in under 30 minutes myself. What more can I say.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When I had my 2010 RT; I gave it the full-boat BajaRon/Elka treatment...
    But my 2014 was so good, that the only change I've made, is his shock preload adjusters. (So Far!)
    Truthfully; his anti-Swaybar is probably going to go on my bike eventually. It handles really well for most of my riding, so I'm still debating with myself over it...
    Why not put some miles on the new bike, and THEN make the decision?
    I agree Bob. Shock adjusters are a good add. Otherwise that is all I have done to mine with the exception of the 3rd brake light. I also added red LED turn signal lights behind the speaker grills. I think my bike handles fine for my type of riding. If I was more aggressive the Swaybar would for sure be added. Putting miles on the Spyder before making changes just makes sense, nothing wrong if "out of the box" works for you. If it is not quite right start making the changes to get it where you want it.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It all depends upon your own riding style...
    As much as I think that Ron has developed some of the most useful aftermarket parts for our bikes; I STILL haven't been able to decide if I really need his Anti-Swaybar on my new bike...

And it pains me, to have to sway that!

Spyder Garage

I putthe BajaRon sway bar on the '12 RT Ltd. AFTER about 15,000 miles. Made a big difference. Thus far on the new 15 RTS I don't see or feel the need for the new bar, yet...jury still out. I agree with the addition of the 3rd and 4th brake lights...safety first. Also, LED blinkers in the mirroers are a fantastic addition that takes about 30 minutes, both sides! Enjoy and ryde on my friend, ryde on!!

Spyder Garage

Since I have a 2015 RT Limited, and am a new (2,200 miles) Spyder rider, I thought I would add my 2 cents worth. I was impressed with my Spyder right off the bat, but then I started reading the forum posts and was wondering what all the mods were about. Having a bit of knowledge and experience with motorized vehicles, and some peddled, on roads and race tracks, I started making changes according to experience. The addition of the BajaRon swaybar was a good one as in nomal riding didn't seem really necessary, but, because I tend to ride aggressively thought it would help going around corners. The most enjoyable aspect of it turns out to be, for me, the fact than on the highway, I am no longer moved around when being passed by a big truck, or a blast of wind coming from the side. My spyder is much more stable and easier to control than without it.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?