Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

It will be very interesting to see how the F3-T sells next year. It seems that the spyder crowd seems to be mostly into touring and they want their storage space. I went to two different dealers when I was looking and they said that they had not sold any F3's either. They also said they hadn't sold any RS's either.......Even the RS that was meant more for touring......the really cool blue one. I am one who also hopes that the F3 line thrives.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Numbers

The 100,000 Spyders made sounds ok, But your talking over almost 8 years. That's about Spyders 12,500 made a year. That doesn't mean new Spyder riders. There are a number of Spyder Riders that owned 2 or 3 or more Spyders and that doesn't show how many are in dealers inventory and that 100,000 is a worldwide number.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The problem is not the fact that no one likes them or no storage vs storage, its that fact that they are so damn expensive. Everyone I know loved my RS and they love my F3 but the cost of purchasesing one is what keeps the numbers low. The Spyder came out when the US was just getting into the recession and now that the US is pulling out of it few can justify purchasing a luxury item like a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I bought the F3 because the Base model sm6 only cost me $18,000 and Taxes NEW Sooo it was a Lot cheaper than the RT and I got the 1330 Engine and All the Low Maintenance things with it.

I don,t tour So It was a Great Buy and Only $500 more than the $17,500 I paid for my 2009 GS SE5?

Getting the base model is always a LOT Cheaper, The higher up you go in the Models "The More Profit" there is for BRP?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RT Limited, but last year when I rode the F-3 I was smitten but not enough to buy one it was missing cargo space, a radio, and i did not like the placement of the gps, ergo I'll get did not add it to the stable . Now, the F-3 has solve those issues and I'm on the fence about getting one in Feb or waiting for the best deal that will pop-up in Mar of next year.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Cost has now entered the picture on the F3. When first introduced the entry price of about $20K was a real plus. Add the packages, item by item, like it worked last year, and you had the price of an RT plus, real quick.

The three upline packages this year, Touring, Limited, and Triple Black have managed to do the same thing. The LTD, which I am interested in is $28K and I have $1K worth of farkles that I am considering. Tall windshield, Upline seat, and Front Trunk light bar.

About the same as a RT-S with a few amenities missing. No Trunk, No air adjustable shocks, No electric windshield. I think I mentioned it all.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, is the F6B Cruiser look worth the money?
    I do like that Intense Red Pearl color.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-11-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Agree 100% ...

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I think if they put a touring windshield on it on the display floor and the new handbags, they would sell more. They are all displayed with no windshield and look naked. JMO Then they are told what the windshield would cost and they go "Holy Moses" what else do I have to buy. $5000 dollars later they say "hell I might just as well buy an RT".

Jack
    I agree 100% with your analysis ... the price range for an F3 with bags, backrest & touring screen is very close to the RT
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

YES TO ALL

WILL NOT BE A HUGE SELLER

PRICE WAY TO CLOSE TO RT