Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20s and Siri commands

My wife has her 20s unit paired to her iPhone 6 for music while we are riding. She is having an issue trying to get Siri to recognize her commands. She has splay list called driving music, and is able to get Siri to start listening and then she says to Siri ," shuffle my driving music playlist" and it hangs and most times does not work. If we watch the phone display while everything is happening you can see that Siri starts correctly, but is not getting all of the phrase and it is almost as though Siri doesn't know when you are finished speaking while using the Sena. If we do the identical procedure without the Sena unit it works flawlessly. We rd running iOS 9.0.1 and the latest firmware for the Sena unit.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry that I do not have an answer, but I have the same problem.

I've only had it work one time, and I was shocked! Never got it to work again.

I'm finding that my 20S works really well if it is only doing one thing. If I have the intercom connected to the other helmet, my music from my iPhone breaks up a lot.

If I'm just listening to the internal radio and on intercom, it works well, but the volume for the intercom is variable. Sometimes it comes through clear, sometimes it is very faint. I think they still have a lot to work on with this bluetooth technology for these.
    2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Uclear bluetooth

Has anyone had any experience with the UClear HBC200 bluetooth system. It is boomless, and the UTube videos make it look good.

Spyder Garage

Finless Bob has a great you tube video that helped me with this issue, he actually has a channel with lots of helpful spyder videos.
    My biggest issue is that Siri needs an internet connection to work even when the music is local to the device. Our Sena 20's lets us talk rider to passenger, music from phone, gps directions from zumo. My wife hard wires her music in from a small ipod.
    Thanks Bob!

Spyder Garage

After activating Siri, try: "Play Playlist Driving Music".

Spyder Garage

Default Our workaround

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Sorry that I do not have an answer, but I have the same problem.

I've only had it work one time, and I was shocked! Never got it to work again.

I'm finding that my 20S works really well if it is only doing one thing. If I have the intercom connected to the other helmet, my music from my iPhone breaks up a lot.

If I'm just listening to the internal radio and on intercom, it works well, but the volume for the intercom is variable. Sometimes it comes through clear, sometimes it is very faint. I think they still have a lot to work on with this bluetooth technology for these.
    We had the issue of the music cutting out and it was just recently that I determined that the dual streaming feature on our sm10 unit is not functioning properly. So we paired my wife's unit to her iPhone and I pair to the bike. Communicators work fine doing that, as soon as we try streaming from the same source we have constant cutting in and out of the source music.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the HATE SIRI Club

My SMH10 and 20S sets on my helmets and my wife's helmets could not be better,
    they worked fantastic in all ways with the SENA sets I have had nothing but iPhones
    since they came out with NO problems, Well my wife and I decided to go get new
    iPhones about June or July and we went for the BIG GUN the iPhone 6 PLUS
    BIG MISTAKE ! we are Apple fans big time with the iMac, iPads, even apple TV
    and have always praised the products.... but the new iPhone 6Plus is not good
    SIRI does just what you said we took them back to Apple Store they replaced the
    chip in them that didn't work then they gave us new phones that is still not the cure
    besides doing what yours are doing they drop calls all the time..... I wish I had my
    old iPhone 4 back it was rock solid... I bet it's your phone that is the problem.
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    My wife has her 20s unit paired to her iPhone 6 for music while we are riding. She is having an issue trying to get Siri to recognize her commands. She has splay list called driving music, and is able to get Siri to start listening and then she says to Siri ," shuffle my driving music playlist" and it hangs and most times does not work. If we watch the phone display while everything is happening you can see that Siri starts correctly, but is not getting all of the phrase and it is almost as though Siri doesn't know when you are finished speaking while using the Sena. If we do the identical procedure without the Sena unit it works flawlessly. We rd running iOS 9.0.1 and the latest firmware for the Sena unit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    My SMH10 and 20S sets on my helmets and my wife's helmets could not be better,
    they worked fantastic in all ways with the SENA sets I have had nothing but iPhones
    since they came out with NO problems, Well my wife and I decided to go get new
    iPhones about June or July and we went for the BIG GUN the iPhone 6 PLUS
    BIG MISTAKE ! we are Apple fans big time with the iMac, iPads, even apple TV
    and have always praised the products.... but the new iPhone 6Plus is not good
    SIRI does just what you said we took them back to Apple Store they replaced the
    chip in them that didn't work then they gave us new phones that is still not the cure
    besides doing what yours are doing they drop calls all the time..... I wish I had my
    old iPhone 4 back it was rock solid... I bet it's your phone that is the problem.
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Dave, I have an iPhone 6+ and the wife has an iPhone 6. No issues here with my setup.

As to the music cutting out issue.
    Many get the 20S and do not install the Sena APP that allows control of some of the more complex features.
    If both helmets are bound to the SM10, then you should turn off some of the media features like sharing. Sharing can cause issues there.
    Also having voice commands turn on can cause issues cutting out as noise can trigger the unit to "listen". I had to turn off voice commands.
    Also one feature to turn off for sure, is the shake to bind feature. Any shaking can put the unit in bind mode.
    Turn off that feature for sure. It doesn't work well.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default iPhone 6+

Hi Bob
    Our iPhone 6+ phones are so bad here, the
    phone company came out and installed a
    micro cell in the house to boost the signal
    that didn't work. the phones drop calls even
    with a full signal.
    As for the settings they are all off we triger
    Siri by pushing the home button until the
    tone then tell it what we want most times it
    does not understand the comand... the people at
    AT&T and Apple don't have any cure so it is
    new phone time again soon.
    in our cast it's the phones
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Dave, I have an iPhone 6+ and the wife has an iPhone 6. No issues here with my setup.

Many get the 20S and do not install the Sena APP that allows control of some of the more complex features.
    If both helmets are bound to the SM10, then you should turn off some of the media features like sharing. Sharing can cause issues there.
    Also having voice commands turn on can cause issues cutting out as noise can trigger the unit to "listen". I had to turn off voice commands.
    Also one feature to turn off for sure, is the shake to bind feature. Any shaking can put the unit in bind mode.

Bob
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 09-27-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default iPhone 6+

Hi Bob
    Our iPhone 6+ phones are so bad here, the
    phone compsny came out and installed a
    micro cell in the house to boost the signal
    that didn't work. the phones drop calls even
    with a full signal.
    As for the settings they are all off we triger
    Siri by pushing the home button until the
    tone then tell it what we want most times it
    does not understand the comand... the people at
    AT&T and Apple don't have any cure so it i
    s new phone time again soon.
    in our cast it's the phones
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post

Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    We had the issue of the music cutting out and it was just recently that I determined that the dual streaming feature on our sm10 unit is not functioning properly. So we paired my wife's unit to her iPhone and I pair to the bike. Communicators work fine doing that, as soon as we try streaming from the same source we have constant cutting in and out of the source music.
    We use two 20S units.

My unit is paired to my iPhone 5s. When I am in an intercom with my passenger we can easily talk. It works flawlessly. If I have music playing through my 20S and in intercom, the music is very sketchy. On and off. On and off. Annoying. When I use the radio through the 20S itself and the intercom, it works perfectly.

I have the Sena App, and have tried everything. Nothing makes it change.

I can't even get my voice prompts to work with the Sena. "Hello Sena" etc., doesn't work. The ONLY thing I can get it to do is "stereo music" and "FM radio."

My iPhone GPS is unable to give directions through Sena too.

I did notice that there is a firmware update for me, and I'll be doing that tomorrow. Hopefully that's all it is.
    2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the UClear HBC200 bluetooth system. It is boomless, and the UTube videos make it look good.
    Use 'em, love 'em!!

Sometimes it can be a little annoying to get the pair on 1 bike to link with units on 1 or more other bikes, but generally no real biggie - and even with my increasing hearing loss, I can hear & be heard all the time regardless of road/bike/wind noise. I do mainly ride with a full face helmet, but occasionally use an open face lid & the UClear still works brilliantly, altho if I do take a phone call & I'm riding into the wind, sometimes the person on the other end can guess that I'm on the bike - no-one can ever tell that if I'm using the full face helmet (at least not unless I actually tell them... )

Oh, and while I haven't tried talking to Siri, they readily work with the GPS, any music device I may have in the trunk, my phone & any other Bluetooth phone (or other device) too.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just to confirm my phone troubles......
    I pulled the old iPhone 4 out of the drawer charged it up
    and noticed it is still paired to my SENA 20S and my SMH10
    it works perfectly in all ways as before...
    Replacing the iPhone6+ for the third time today.....
    They do have a problem...here anyway

Spyder Garage

Default My issue not phone related

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Just to confirm my phone troubles......
    I pulled the old iPhone 4 out of the drawer charged it up
    and noticed it is still paired to my SENA 20S and my SMH10
    it works perfectly in all ways as before...
    Replacing the iPhone6+ for the third time today.....
    They do have a problem...here anyway
    Hi dave, I've also been trying to eliminate pieces of my troubling puzzle. I had the 2 20s units paired to the bike only and was seeing the issue of intermittent stereo when trying to utilize the dual streaming feature of the sm10. I had all options turned off with the app except for basic functionality and still experienced the issues. I am planning to send in my sm10 to Sena for a replacement. Although I have found a workaround, I don't like that I spent well over a thousand dollars for a system that is being used in a workaround manner.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I updated my Sena 20s from 1.41 to 1.5 and it cleared up some of my issues. i haven't tested everything but it seems to be working better. I haven't multitasked it with iPhone music and conferencing, but the verbal commands seem to be going well now.
    2015 RT Limited , black