Spyder Garage

Default Air Filter Kit for 998

I have a customer that bought one of my air filter kits but didn't like the sound. He's asking $150 for it. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get you in touch with him. He used it for just a few hours. I can't take it back and resell it as new that's not honest so I'm just trying to help him out. He has the AF-1 and the PF-2 pre-filter.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

that is great customer service... if I didn't already have it I'd go for it....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default sound

A bit of feedback on the sound (no pun intended...) I didn't like it at all and added the pre-foam bit but still loud. Changed helmets to one which fitted me better and Lo now I love the sound! Who knew? Like having a loud exhaust that only I can hear, and not our policing people..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    A bit of feedback on the sound (no pun intended...) I didn't like it at all and added the pre-foam bit but still loud. Changed helmets to one which fitted me better and Lo now I love the sound! Who knew? Like having a loud exhaust that only I can hear, and not our policing people..
    What helmet did you go to? I'm currently using a Bell Mag 9 that has built in sena sm10 support.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Helmets are a long story, I have a very small head (I now get 9 yr old grandson's hand-me-down hats ). Have had Shoei, Shark Evoline etc but now have HJC youth size (full helmet) - because the shell size is smaller so it's not just an XS padded-out. Fits well, high standard helmet, suits me, and is the best I've ever used for reducing wind and other noise. Bell helmets are great, they've only just re-entered the Oz market (manuf have to have each style of helmet especially tested for our regulators = $$$ and it's a small market in comparison, so we don't get the choices [or good prices] that you do - 2 states have changed the rules but the jury is still out on whether other imported helmets are "legal" over state borders - maximum confusion and cops love issuing $ fines...). Husband Jeff has a new Bell and is very happy with it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JT, just an idea....

Take it back and use it as a demo unit. That is try and then decide to buy.

One thing that has held me back from getting one is how loud it is. I am one that doesn't want too loud. Been there done that on 2 wheels.
    We cannot lane split (legal here in Ca.) thus I do not need loud and throttle bomb people when I am lane splitting. Can't happen on a Spyder.

But it would be great to try it and if I am OK buy it. This unit might allow you to offer that to people willing to do the work and try it.

I know I would try it if I had the chance!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I will take it. Sending PM now.

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Default Over My Head

How can an air filter be loud?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brettssunshine View Post
    A free flowing filter has more intake noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brettssunshine View Post
    At present you have a very large black box under the Tupperware of your Spyder, where the gas tank would be on a motorcycle. That acts to muffle the sound of the air being sucked into the engine.

Remove it & replace it with an aftermarket pancake filter & it becomes very noisy when you open the throttle.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks JT

I am the one JT is talking about trying to sell the air filter it is a real good product it makes the bike a lot more responsive The only downfall is I didn't care for the noise