Thread: CB antenna boot

Spyder Garage

Default CB antenna boot

2014 rt limited..no CB antenna now, but installing a J&M replacement CB antenna to hook up to Midland handheld CB...J&M says I need a rubber boot that comes with stock CB antenna, which I don't have and can't seem to find anywhere..I found the RH radio antenna boot...will that work on the LH CB antenna or where can i get the LH boot?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP part number is #708 300 155, Antenna Protective Boot

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    BRP part number is #708 300 155, Antenna Protective Boot
    Thanks..I will give that a try
    mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    Thanks..I will give that a try
    mike
    I tried 708300155...nothing came up
    708300156 is the part number for the right hand side radio antenna boot ....Will that work on the left side CB antenna??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got the part number off of my CB installation instructions. It is for the left side and no the right will not fit correctly. You have to order the part through a dealer.

Spyder Garage

thanks ...I'll do that

Spyder Garage

I got the part number off of my CB installation instructions. It is for the left side and no the right will not fit correctly. You have to order the part through a dealer.
    Just got off the phone with my dealer..100 miles away...he wanted to sell me the right side boot...i said it won't work...He is still looking for the right one..that part number 708300155 is not coming up for him

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    Just got off the phone with my dealer..100 miles away...he wanted to sell me the right side boot...i said it won't work...He is still looking for the right one..that part number 708300155 is not coming up for him
    I just looked at the boots on my RT. There are two differences, both of which you can work around. The hole for the antenna is larger for the CB so a drill will easily fix that. There are three notches in the tupperware on the edge of the hole. The two top ones look to be the same on right and left. The bottom one is left of center on the left side, and right of center on the right side. You could modify either the boot to remove the interfering rubber with an xacto knife, or cut a new notch in the tupperware. I didn't double check, but the angle between the antenna and the body may be a problem, but looking at the two boots side by side I don't think so.

If the boot doesn't cost much, and you're having too much of a hassle getting the correct one, why not try making the radio one fit? You'll be out a few dollars is all.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I just looked at the boots on my RT. There are two differences, both of which you can work around. The hole for the antenna is larger for the CB so a drill will easily fix that. There are three notches in the tupperware on the edge of the hole. The two top ones look to be the same on right and left. The bottom one is left of center on the left side, and right of center on the right side. You could modify either the boot to remove the interfering rubber with an xacto knife, or cut a new notch in the tupperware. I didn't double check, but the angle between the antenna and the body may be a problem, but looking at the two boots side by side I don't think so.

If the boot doesn't cost much, and you're having too much of a hassle getting the correct one, why not try making the radio one fit? You'll be out a few dollars is all.
    Thanks for that info...i was wondering what if any, was the difference between them..if i can't get the LH side boot, I will modify the RH boot...Thanks again

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I installed my J&M cb on my 2014 RTS I just used the radio antenna boot
    with no changes and it works fine.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Good to know..thanks

Spyder Garage

Just received the right side antenna boot..and it works fine on the left side with no problems..Thanks for all the info