Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Best mechanic in the Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and California area.

Got some issues going on with the my 2011 RT Limited with 11,000 miles on it that my dealer has tried and tried to fix but hasn't had much luck in diagnosing and repairing. Willing to drive a day or two to get to the best mechanic I can find. I live in Southern Utah so the closer the better but will sacrifice time and money to get the best service and mechanic available within a day. Looking for a little help here. Got to get her running good so I can either trade her in or sell her outright.

Spyder Garage

There aren't alot here in AZ that I would recommend. But the Ride Now in Peoria, AZ has gotten alot of good reviews from SL on here. Other than that 1 dealer I havent heard of any others.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to disagree with M109, but my experience with the mechanics at RideNow, Peoria is less than stellar. Their attention to detail is poor and their analytical acumen is not that good either.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Best technician is Lou at Pirate Power Sports in Riverside, California. The only technician that works on my Spyder since 2008.
    Last edited by Dudley; 10-19-2014 at 10:38 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    Sorry to disagree with M109, but my experience with the mechanics at RideNow, Peoria is less than stellar. Their attention to detail is poor and their analytical acumen is not that good either.
    I have not used Peoria Ride Now but your the first on here that I have read that had issues with them. What did they do or not do correctly?
    Last edited by M109Dreamer; 10-19-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Best Mechanic

William at Mission Motorsports in Irvine CA is the best. I was told BRP comes to him for advice. These are the people that work on my Spyder. They fixed by Spyder when you turn the Handle bars fully to the right or left and it would lock. Fixed under warranty.
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Best Mechanic

That should read "would not lock"
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    Got some issues going on with the my 2011 RT Limited with 11,000 miles on it that my dealer has tried and tried to fix but hasn't had much luck in diagnosing and repairing. Willing to drive a day or two to get to the best mechanic I can find. I live in Southern Utah so the closer the better but will sacrifice time and money to get the best service and mechanic available within a day. Looking for a little help here. Got to get her running good so I can either trade her in or sell her outright.
    Matt at Renegade Sports here in Logan, Utah has been great. He won't quit until he has fixed the problem. I have found him to be very honest. If you want to come here PM me and you can stay at our place while your Spyder is being fixed. Cheers, Larry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Utah Geezer;892185]Got some issues going on with the my 2011 RT Limited with 11,000 miles on it that my dealer has tried and tried to fix but hasn't had much luck in diagnosing and repairing. Willing to drive a day or two to get to the best mechanic I can find. I live in Southern Utah so the closer the better but will sacrifice time and money to get the best service and mechanic available within a day. Looking for a little help here. Got to get her running good so I can either trade her in or sell her outright.[/QUOTEl Look up the Fun Center in Durango- Shane in service is Great!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I have not used Peoria Ride Now but your the first on here that I have read that had issues with them. What did they do or not do correctly?

It runs the gamut from misdiagnosing warranty work on the turn indicator to scratching the rear rim when installing a tire.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

It runs the gamut from misdiagnosing warranty work on the turn indicator to scratching the rear rim when installing a tire.
    Ooooh, did they replace the rim they scratched?
    Last edited by M109Dreamer; 10-21-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree..!!

with Dudley...Lou at Pirate Power Sports out of Riverside CA but if your doing warranty work it may be an issue. Then again if you want your problem solved hes the one to go to...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default High Adventure Power Sports SLC, Ut.

Has anyone here used High Adventure Power Sports in Salt Lake City for service. This is where I made a good deal on my 2014 RT-LTD but have not used them for service yet. Had no problems with bike since I picked it up 4 weeks ago. Have about 1250 miles on so far and all's good.

I've only seen one mention of then on here so far. About a month ago someone was traveling thru this area and had trouble in Nevada and ended up in Salt Lake to have the repairs done. From what I remember the comment was good about High Adventure. Maybe someone remembers who that was and we can get them to comment.

Spyder Garage

Default Great references

Getting some good references here. Dealer here has sent BRP two messages with the codes over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them yet. Criminy!!! No wonder we can't get it fixed. It spent a month in the shop last time. Praying it doesn't again as we are in prime riding weather her right now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You could try ProShop in Henderson, NV. They are relatively close to you and Jon is a pretty good mechanic.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Thought about it.

I have seen this shop mentioned a few times from the riding group in that area. Nothing about mechanics but wondered if they work on enough machines to know what they are doing. My 2011 seems to be challenging lately.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You could try ProShop in Henderson, NV. They are relatively close to you and Jon is a pretty good mechanic.

Spyder Garage

Default I wondered

I saw this shop when I was on a ride up in that area earlier in the year. Didn't stop by but made a mental note. Do they work on enough to take on a tough job causing my local dealer issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ldlexpress View Post
    Matt at Renegade Sports here in Logan, Utah has been great. He won't quit until he has fixed the problem. I have found him to be very honest. If you want to come here PM me and you can stay at our place while your Spyder is being fixed. Cheers, Larry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, ProShop works on a lot of Spyders and they are pretty good at it. Stay away from Ride Now in Las Vegas. There is a 3rd dealer here now Yamaha of Las Vegas but I'm not sure if their technician is BRP certified.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default The answer

Outside of taking your bike to the Annual FREE BRP Owners event that is held every June in the United States, (this year in Colorado), the best Mechanic I have come across in Los Angeles CA., is employed by Del Amo Motorsports, He has helped me numerous times, infact he has become so good and invaluable that you no longer get him to solve service or repair yours small issues, he ( Fernando ) is there for the extreme problems. And Fernando has solved a few with Kurt Oddison who is the senior chief technician for Can-Am BRP roadsters.

The above person gives you genuine advice, and gives you answers to the what and why?

After that I would go with and endorse Lou at Pirate powersports in Riverside CA., and next Berts Mega Mall in Covina CA.

Sometimes sharing in detail here your issue you can and will get numerous responses and questions to what possibly could be causing your predicament. We lost a valuable contributor here (NancysToy) because the individual that asked the question,( I forget the Jerks name, he deleted his name so there went everything, THE COWARD) did not follow directions precisely and correctly and wanted someone else to be responsible. He had an ensuing fire that was his responsibility alone, yet wanted to shift the blame to a contributor here.

The draw back to all of this is you need to be extremely patient, as a typical oil change scheduled in advance requires 2=3 days.

SO it's up to you if you want to share more or are just looking for recomendations.

Good luck and please keep us informed of your positive and negative progress.

Ticketbait

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My current assessment is that they hired all the Yugo mechanics when that company went under. Horrendous service.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SAR41 View Post
    Has anyone here used High Adventure Power Sports in Salt Lake City for service. This is where I made a good deal on my 2014 RT-LTD but have not used them for service yet. Had no problems with bike since I picked it up 4 weeks ago. Have about 1250 miles on so far and all's good.

I've only seen one mention of then on here so far. About a month ago someone was traveling thru this area and had trouble in Nevada and ended up in Salt Lake to have the repairs done. From what I remember the comment was good about High Adventure. Maybe someone remembers who that was and we can get them to comment.
    In my mind they are the best in the Intermountain area, The man I bought my Spyder from bought it new from them and they have done all his work. He was very complimentry to them. I have sunce taken it to them for service work and was impressed with their customer relations and work.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

http://www.proshoplv.com

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

It might be worth paying Lou to diagnose the issue, and then have it repaired under warranty if no dealer can get it figured out for you.

If it's out of warranty, then Lou might be your best bet - call him first and see what he thinks.

The people here are also great resources and collectively know a great deal about what can and does go wrong. I'd put the problem to the group; we may come up with a possibility that your local dealership can at least check out.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default so sad we can not good service on our $30,000 machines.

I hope I never need service on my 2014 rt. My wife and I enjoy riding it so much. Thats all I hear is bad service depts. I am having trouble getting a tired changed out on a 6,000 ride.
    We are new to cycling. You folks who have had Hondas how was service on them? I guess what I am asking is bad service tipical on all brands of bikes.