Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Enjoy the RYDE

It really makes no difference, wave not wave, your one with the open road, wind behind your back and a sunset to catch. We ride simply to enjoy the freedom of the open roads, being two wheels or three. Everyday, every ride is a new adventure to behold. Experience, age all play into the wave not wave aspect, don't worry be Happy, RYDE.

Spyder Garage

Default LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Top Ten Reasons Why Spyder Ryders Don't Wave Back
    10. They'll NEVER be able to find the horn or turnsignal again, if they move their hand on the grip.
    9. They keep a "Death Grip" on the bars in case of the dreaded DPS failure.
    8. They were too busy trying to figure out how to change playlists on their I-Pod.
    7. They were "Bluetoothing" with their dealer regarding the latest farkle delivery.
    6. They couldn't find the "Auto-Wave" Button. (Hey; It's a Limited!)
    5. Their passenger was distracting them with some nonsense about "Having to stop for a break"...
    4. They were mentally rehearsing the "explanation", that they'll need to give their Spouse for the
    last Farkling episode.
    3. They were trying to remember the best way to cross Nebraska. (Answer: while asleep, in the back of a van!)
    2. They were too terrified to take their eyes off of the display; lest the dreaded "Orange Screen of Death"
    make an appearance.
    1. You crossed paths while they were setting the cruise control, changing the voice on their GPS, raising
    the windshield, and changing the volume on the radio.
    11. They are in ECO mode and are watching for that bleeping green arrow.

Spyder Garage

Default Pretty Much

I've seen it go both ways. Was a Harley rider a lot of my life but when I saw the 2011 rt/s I had to have one, my Harley buddy's stopped calling and waving, I figured it was safer that way as I could leave both hands on the bars. Bought another Harley and rode both the following years, waving is a funny thing some riders all but stand on the seat and salute others sheepishly point. A pack of Harley riders lead man won't dare wave at a spyder but as you pass through the middle of the pack you'll get pointing and waving. Now I have two spyders and a Harley road king custom that sets in the back of my shop and hasn't run in 6 months. I'll wave and point at everybody, it's a greeting like the Lone Ranger used with Tonto, means hello you've got beer?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I "Think", that we're over-thinking this...

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default wave

I'm in Tenneessee, if I pass you, you can be sure that I will wave if it safe to do so. You just keep on doing the "right thing" and most will respond.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ravseren View Post
    I'm in Tenneessee, if I pass you, you can be sure that I will wave if it safe to do so. You just keep on doing the "right thing" and most will respond.
    I'm in PA and wave like crazy, 'cause I don't see many Spyders, here, yet!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just 'coz someone is riding on a Spyder doesn't mean they're not a jerk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    Just 'coz someone is riding on a Spyder doesn't mean they're not a jerk.
    They might be a spyder weenie. That's a term I learned from Coz.

Spyder Garage

We passed by three Spyders riding together in Shawnee, KS on Saturday. My wife and I waved at them from our RT without any response. A short while later, a gentleman on an F3 passed us by, again without a reply. We also passed 6 Harley's riding together and all of them waved hello!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    We passed by three Spyders riding together in Shawnee, KS on Saturday. My wife and I waved at them from our RT without any response. A short while later, a gentleman on an F3 passed us by, again without a reply. We also passed 6 Harley's riding together and all of them waved hello!
    If you meet me on the road, which is very likely since I like to travel Kansas a lot, I will not only wave but probably flag you down. I wave to everybody including scooters. Sometimes I get waves back, sometimes nothing and sometimes the finger. That really makes me laugh. I even wave to people on their tractors, riding lawn mowers and porches. I just enjoy waving whether people wave back or not.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think that possibly a lot of newer Spyder riders came straight from non-riding, and never had the 2-wheeled experience, so they don't know about "the wave."

In my own experience, whenever I have passed another Spyder on the road, both of us tend to do the "goofy wave" -- all but standing up and waving both arms.

Me, I wave at everyone on an unenclosed, less-than-4-wheels vehicle. And even some 4-wheeled vehicles, like tractors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Top Ten Reasons Why Spyder Ryders Don't Wave Back
    10. They'll NEVER be able to find the horn or turnsignal again, if they move their hand on the grip.
    9. They keep a "Death Grip" on the bars in case of the dreaded DPS failure.
    8. They were too busy trying to figure out how to change playlists on their I-Pod.
    7. They were "Bluetoothing" with their dealer regarding the latest farkle delivery.
    6. They couldn't find the "Auto-Wave" Button. (Hey; It's a Limited!)
    5. Their passenger was distracting them with some nonsense about "Having to stop for a break"...
    4. They were mentally rehearsing the "explanation", that they'll need to give their Spouse for the
    last Farkling episode.
    3. They were trying to remember the best way to cross Nebraska. (Answer: while asleep, in the back of a van!)
    2. They were too terrified to take their eyes off of the display; lest the dreaded "Orange Screen of Death"
    make an appearance.
    1. You crossed paths while they were setting the cruise control, changing the voice on their GPS, raising
    the windshield, and changing the volume on the radio.
    Hey dude, that was not very nice about Nebraska!!!!!!!!!
    BIG F (from Omaha?)

Spyder Garage

"We have discovered the enemy and he is within " POGO

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I typically wave, but if I have something else going on, like the GPS has notified me that I am close to my turn, I will more than likely not notice you or your wave. That has pertained whether I am on two wheels or three. I have also been known to crack my knuckles against the side of my car or RV when meeting bikes.

The one thing I try to remember though is that I ride because I like the freedom of being me. Outside of the traffic code I did not sign any document obligating me in any way to wave, etc. And when someone fails to return my wave I try to remind myself that they didn't sign anything either. If you like to wave, do it for yourself. Don't be bummed out if the other person doesn't wave back. The wave didn't cost you anything but a little time and energy.

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I typically wave, but if I have something else going on, like the GPS has notified me that I am close to my turn, I will more than likely not notice you or your wave. That has pertained whether I am on two wheels or three. I have also been known to crack my knuckles against the side of my car or RV when meeting bikes.

The one thing I try to remember though is that I ride because I like the freedom of being me. Outside of the traffic code I did not sign any document obligating me in any way to wave, etc. And when someone fails to return my wave I try to remind myself that they didn't sign anything either. If you like to wave, do it for yourself. Don't be bummed out if the other person doesn't wave back. The wave didn't cost you anything but a little time and energy.