Thread: Cat back on

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cat back on

Ok guys help me I put my cat back on just to see if the is any power diff and It feels like it pulls way harder with the cat installed mid range really seems harder. Can we be running this motor too lean with it deleted? Lamonster what is your findings has anyone tried going back to the cat to see what changes it made it only takes me 15min to change one to the other. It just seems like its more noise than power change IMO.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RT and I agree.I installed the cat delete and a Tailgunner muffler and it runs like crap.I think its to free flowing/no back pressure.I wanted the Tailgunner so I installed the cat back on.Pulls harder and runs better

Spyder Garage

I run the performance primary pipe with the stock secondary pipe and it runs great and pulls harder. I'm going to shoot some drag races with a stock pipe setup and my setup and get some real world visuals. When we slow down a bit we'll get some dyno time too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstngken View Post
    Ok guys help me I put my cat back on just to see if the is any power diff and It feels like it pulls way harder with the cat installed mid range really seems harder. Can we be running this motor too lean with it deleted? Lamonster what is your findings has anyone tried going back to the cat to see what changes it made it only takes me 15min to change one to the other. It just seems like its more noise than power change IMO.
    What muffler /pipe are you running?

Also consider that it may take a little bit for the computer to reset for each pipe.

FWIW, a fully open system often is to open unless limited to higher rpm and looking for peak hp. Often a converter is needed or a baffled muffler is needed.

As for the mid range, as a comparison, my seat of the pants, felt the motor rev more free and pull well into the 4000 to 5000 range.

PK

Spyder Garage

I run the same set up as Lamonster does and am very happy with how it performs. I was a little concerned that it might be to loud for my wife but she doesn't have a problem with how it sounds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I run the performance primary pipe with the stock secondary pipe and it runs great and pulls harder. I'm going to shoot some drag races with a stock pipe setup and my setup and get some real world visuals. When we slow down a bit we'll get some dyno time too.
    Regardless ours will stay. Sounds good and keeps the passenger cooler in the summer