[QUOTE=murphybrown;972769]
Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
yes you can use the Eco mode with cruise control ... I just got back from a 1700 mile trip.. used Eco mode just about all the time... my fuel mileage was from
29MPG to 31 MPG.. using 93 octane..

osm[/QUOT

Almost at 4k miles this time out. I pull loaded trailer and use highest octane I can get. Do not use ECO mode. Mileage average is 38.2 mpg. Yesterday first 2 fills were low 30's. But head/side winds and heavy rain ( I was hydroplaning at 48 mph). I do have the bypass and 2 Bros. some say that helps. Don't know as I had those put on before ryding.
Karyl, you have a Kumho on the rear, right? To me Kumho = hydroplaning. With the Arachnid on the rear (and with the Kenda) no hydroplaning but when I had the Kumho I would hydroplane.

As for Eco Mode, I use it all the time. I generally don't look at the arrow, only when I'm tooling around town and I notice that it is giving me the up arrow and I realize that I should up shift. I do not notice any loss of power but I have a manual and that may be different than on the SE. If you use it to remind you to shift to 6th at lower speeds I think you will find improved gas mileage.