Threaded View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I found today hard!

I do not usually discuss my personal life here, but this is in a way a bit riding related. My father has been extremely sick the last couple of months and has been in palliative care for the last 3 weeks. We as a family have been taking shifts to make sure he has someone everyday and as I am still working I have the weekends. I really do not mind as it allows me to spend time with him. He is 91 and up until a few months ago was totally independent and still driving, so it is very hard to watch him going down so quick and suffering. So I have had no time to change my oil and take my Spyder out for its first ride of the season, and this weekend was hard as the weather was finally beautiful and warm and there were so many bikes out! I felt guilty wishing I was riding, but emotions have been so high the last couple of months, that it would be so nice to get out. This feeling will pass and I will get out eventually, I just hope he does not suffer much more and finds some peace soon. Not sure why I wrote this, but feels better now that I did. Thanks.
    Last edited by Netminder; 05-03-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze