I posted about this a while back but I'm still having some issues so I thought I'd ask for some more help. My previous issue was / is that if I tighten up the the LHS floorboard so that there is zero movement, the gear shift lever also becomes tight, so I have to leave it slightly loose. Since these (Rivco) floorboards fit in exactly the same way that the original pegs do, I'm at a loss to come up with some reason for this. I have no issues with the RHS board.

My dealer isn't happy with the setup and wants me to put the pegs back on but for physical reasons I would find it difficult to ride on pegs. In any case, given that they both fit the same way, why wouldn't the same issue occur, whether I had boards or pegs?

I'm sure that there are others out there who have fitted these boards without issues, so I don't blame the manufacturer but I'd really like to know what I have done wrong. Maybe I've lost a part?

The gear shift mechanism rotates around the bolt which holds the pegs/boards and under the head of the bolt there is a flat washer which sits against the gear change mechanism, so the bolt has to be left slightly loose to avoid tightening the gear shift mechanism. I have spoken to Rivco and to be fair, they offered to let me speak to their owner but I had to decline because my hearing is just not good enough for phone conversations; since then I haven't heard anything from them.

I'm raising this again more in hope than expectation but any input is more than welcome.

Robert