I am a Spyder owner wannabe. For this reason i took the opportunity to test ride both the ST SE5 LTD and anF3 S. I thought that the F3 with the new Cannonball seat would be a bike I would love. It is a sweet bike in many respects, but not for me. When riding the riders legs must be spread too wide at the foot end. During the demo ride I developed extreme hip cramps. Also I experienced the vibration that others have written about between 65 mph and 70 mph. It became severe enough that if I had not read about it here on Spyderlovers I would have pulled the bike to the side of the road. I made my living as a field service rep for a large gas turbine manufacturer. This envolved a lot of vibration analysis. Of course my present analysis is purely seat of the pants trouble shooting, I would agree with those that believe it is caused by the drive belt.not very scientific but it would change with throttle load.

The ST, for me pure joy. Very slight vibration felt in the foot boards. Seemed like normal engine vibration. Not a super bike, but more than enough power to scare yourself. For me a great riding position. Perfect teach for the brake. Other than the lack of fuel economy I have only read about. I love the engine. I must ask do any of the other people on this forum know the durability record of this engine. I only ask due to the normal high RPM that is recommended. My only other concern with the ST is that I don't know if I can make it comfortable enough for my wife. I also looked at Ultimate Seats and found their seats to be great but nothing for the ST where there could be arm rests. I am 77 and my wife is 72. I lust for a superbike but she requires comfort. She has health problems which make her comfort much more important than my lust.