Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
I hope this does not turn out like it did for the Corvair, or like it did for the Geo Tracker. Both were fine cars--for what they were-- and both are off the market now. You can't buy a Citroen in the U.S., and can't get a street legal Polaris (off-road) either.

I enjoy joy my Spyder. I hope it does not become only a memory.
Dan,

I'm with you, but I'm not too concerned. We are all blaming BRP for not being proactive enough on this issue. But where they WERE proactive was in not allowing the problem to propagate into future models. One way you can look at this is that 2014 was the "test year" for the RT. Problem solved. 2015, with the introduction of the F3, was the "test year" for permanently resolving the issue for the rest of the line. I'm fairly sure that what we will see beginning in 2016 is all new models being based on the F3 frame. I'm not saying that everything will look like the 2015 F3. However I'm guessing that the forward high gas tank, the exhaust system changes, and the 1330 style engine housed in an un-cramped engine compartment, will follow through to all future models. Some models (if perhaps just the RT) will probably be a meld of the design features of the 2014/2015 RT and the F3.

Bottom line, the problem was stopped and not going forward. They took steps to insure the integrity of the continuation of the Can-Am line. Now what they've got to do is concentrate on fixing the affected models already on the street.