Threaded View

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Epic Summer Vacation

Day 1 - Well we left North Branch, MN (our home town) at 7:11am this morning in heavy fog and 50* so we bundled up a bit and hit the road south. By the time we got thru the Tiwn Cities the fog lifted and we were on our way....until Butch noticed the bag on the back of my spyder was moving around a bit too much so...our first stop was at Menards to resituate it and then we were on our way again. We also neede to shed a layer or two it was warming up quickly.

We had a picinic lunch in Worthington, MN...using up food from our fridge! The temp was rising and by the time we got to Souix City, IA it hit 91*, Butch's new venting system he came up with for his '13 STs was working great!

We crossed into Nebraska and rode a great state hiway down to Lincoln, NE. We pulled into a motel at 5:26pm...486 miles later! Long day but the riding was great and the Spyders ran wonderfully.
    At the motel the front desk clerk asked what kind of motorcycle we had and when I barely got Can Am out she got all excited started asking all sorts of questions she has seen the ads and thinks they are really cool bikes...I'm sure when she goes on break she'll be out in the parking lot checking them out.
    Well...now that we've eaten (Cracker Barrel, yum)

Next is a long shower then early to bed...I don't think I'll have any problems sleeping tonight!
    Last edited by Paula(Butch2025); 06-21-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added photos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12