So today was going to be spent installing the ISCI front hand brake, but that got derailed when I realized that the main bracket of the kit bolts to the frame at the right side frame rail.

My problem is that when my dealer performed the heat related recall work back in October, they snapped off one of those bolts and NEVER told me. I realized it a few weeks ago as I removed the header pipes. The ISCI bracket is solid and heavy and I'm sure needs to be secured by both of those bolts and not just one.

I tried to get the bolt out with a screw extractor and I ended up snapping the screw extractor. If you look hard, you can see it right in the center of the bolt. Not good since drilling through the screw extractor would be extremely difficult.

Broken Bolt - 1.jpg

Luckily, since the bolt did not snap flush, I ended using a hardened steel dremel bit and carved away the outer part of the bolt away from the screw extractor to where just the screw extractor was exposed. Luckily, I was then able to turn it out. You can see it laying next to the broken bolt.

Broken Bolt - 3.jpg

After that, I had to use cobalt drill bits to drill out the screw. It was an exercise in patience to say the least. From there, I used an M8 tap to re-thread it and the ISCI bolt will now thread into it.

Broken Bolt - 5.jpg

So that burned most of the day, but I was happy to get it done. I'm still burning about the fact that the dealer snapped it off and never said anything about it. At this point, I'm debating about whether it is worth bringing it to their attention or not as I'm sure it was something that the mechanic did not want to come clean on.