Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Replaced my Honda Gaskets

I thought I would take a look at my Honda "Y" pipe gaskets that I installed over three yrs ago, on my '08 GS manual. I've got to tell you, they looked as good as the day I installed them, except for the color. So if your thinking of doing the same, forget it, they're fine. It's too bad BRP didn't use these on their assembly line. Of course on reassembly, I did install new gaskets. I do have to admit, that I don't put the miles on, like alot of you members, but these only had approx. 12000 miles on them, which is more than the originals had, and they were completly gone.
    The job took less than 1 1/2 hrs.That's from removing the panles and pipes, to installing the panles again. The hardest part for me is stretching the springs, holding the pipes together, but with a home-made hooked tool, I got past that.
    For those wanting to change to the Honda gasket, the # is 18392-MAM-000 at your local Honda dealer. I purchased this set, when I purchased the first set, so don't ask me for a price, The mind is starting to slip
    DSC06787.jpgDSC06791.jpgDSC06797.jpg
    Last edited by Big Arm; 10-10-2013 at 08:52 PM.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888