Threaded View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ISCI handbrake and Bumpskid

Spent the day installing my christmas mods, an ISCI handbrake and a Spyderpops Bumpskid for my RSS. Neither went very smoothly.

Bought the handbrake used and it didn't come with the bolts or clevis pin. Had to run around town but managed to find the stuff I needed to make it work.

The bumpskid was not a fun project. The bolts for the side braces have a smaller diameter head than the stock panel bolts, so it didn't cover the circle mark on the panel. I found some washers to cover up the markings from the original panel bolts. The bolts for the front braces were time consuming because there is very little room to get a wrench in there. Put the bottom plate on and two of the threaded front braces stripped. Then things really got fun when the side braces wouldn't line up with the bottom plate. Edit: Apparently, I'm a dumb *** and can't read directions. I had the side braces installed incorrectly and couldn't figure out why they didn't line up. I spoke with Harvey at Spyderpops and he explained what I did wrong. He is sending me new brackets to replace the ones I screwed up.

Anyway, I'm done whining. Love the handbrake and the bumpskid looks awesome. Harvey is top notch! Very quick to respond and really took care of me.

Brake2 (Medium).jpgBrake3 (Medium).jpg
    Last edited by SllimG; 12-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.