I've been all over North America on my Spyders and one thing that comes up all the time is the comment "when I get so I can't hold up a bike anymore I'll be looking real hard at one of those", or "when I get older I plan on getting one of those but not yet". If they stick around long enough to listen to my argument for getting one now here's what I normally say.

The main reason folks say this is because there is something special about riding on two wheels compared to three. I get that and I agree with them but would you wait to ride a ATV till you got older or couldn't hold up a dirt bike any longer? To me it's the same thing, I like things that are fun and that's why I ride them, not because I'm limited to something I don't have to hold up. I'll say this, I've been riding and racing dirt bikes most of my life and to me it takes more skill to ride a 4-wheeler fast than a dirt bike. I get wore out a lot sooner on my 4-wheeler than I do a dirt bike but they are both a blast to ride.

I was 12 in this pic

Clean fun

I'm not saying this to brag but I've had more horsepower between my legs on two wheels than most Hot Rodders have had in their cars. I owned a Boss Hoss for 5 years before getting my first Spyder and it had just shy of 400hp and it weighed in at close to 1200 lbs on two wheels. I had no problem holding that up nor some of the 500-600hp big blocks my buddies let me ride. So for me it's not about what I can hold up or wanting something slower because it's safer. The Spyder has held my attention for the last 5 years because it's so different and it's just flat out fun to ride. It's the slowest thing I've owned but I got to say it's more fun than anything else I've ever owned. Just because it's not the fastest toy on the planet doesn't mean it can't be one of the funnest thing on the planet. Just like a 4-wheeler can be more fun in some ways than a dirt bike so can a Spyder be more fun than a two wheeler. In a perfect world you can have both like I do but I've found myself grabbing the keys to my Spyder before my two wheeler for the last 3 or 4 years now to where I need to go though my bike and get it running again because it just hasn't had the love the Spyder has gotten.

So all you folks out there that are waiting till you're old or can't hold up a two wheeler anymore you're really missing out on a great time not riding a Spyder now while you can still ride both. You may be like me and park the bike and grab the Spyder when that perfect or not so perfect day for a ride comes up.

My Boss Hoss on Deals Gap. I put over 30,000 miles on that bike and loved it. It was sold soon after getting the Spyder in 2007 because I just didn't ride it anymore.

This was the first prototype Vanquish my friend Mike Kelly built. He through me the keys and said have fun and I did. This bike has over 550hp

My Valkyrie with Super Charger, Nitrous system and flame throwers. Yes I built that.

This is a custom VTX I built. It was raked out 10 degrees, custom softail suspension custom built by me and was one of the first all out custom VTX's

I still have my M109R but I need to go through it as it hasn't been ridden in awhile. Still love this bike and always will.

So as you can see I love two wheels just as much as the next guy but the Spyder bit me back in 2007 and I have yet to get over it. Once again I say "Why Wait"?