Quote Originally Posted by DLE View Post
Reason I ask, is now when I put it in 1st or reverse, the clutch grabs and at an idle will try to move the machine if it is on the level. Really not a problem, just don't have to have the rpm's up to approximately 2400 for it to engage. Slight brake pressure holds it just fine.
This describes my RT to the T. My clutch hub disintegrated coming home from Durango. After the dealer there, good people BTW, replaced it the bike was a creeper. It was safe and driveable so I took it home. Lately I've been noticing some slippage from 1st to 2nd. There have been other anomalies recently which I can't put my finger on by what has been suggested here it sounds like the clutch plates should be changed out. Right?

Remember Lamont our conversation on this a few months back? After 3000 miles or so since Durango the bike is still a creeper.

BTW, I own a '10 RT SE5, and use Rons Amsoil. My last oil change was at the dealer for the filter kit. BTW, they only changed the clutch hub in Durango, no other parts.