My RT has been in the dealer for 3 weeks now. I have been very patient with this because I know how electrical issues can be. Here is the situation:

While on the way to Destin, my wife Leira told me that my trailer lights stopped working. She said it would show brake lights, but the signal and running lights were not working. I though either a bad connection or a fuse, so we continued our journey. Once we got into Destin and unloaded our things in the condo, we were heading out to buy groceries. This is were we then discovered that the reverse was not working. Although I was upset, at least the was still running and no codes showed, so we pushed Gray out and went our way, figuring that I could look in good ol' Spyderlovers for a solution. But before heading to SL, thanks to the Service Manual (downloaded on my iPad), I saw that the trailer lights and reverse actuator were on the same fuse, so I thought "simple fix". Blown fuse, of course... so when I proceeded to change it, it would spark and blow on the spot. Even went to pull the relay to make sure no power was going thru while inserting the fuse, but did not work. I called Lamont (thanks!!!) and pretty much explained that other have had the same issue: Trailer Module goes bad and it disables reverse. I almost thought of going to a Destin dealer but was afraid of taking too long (and that no Spyderlover in the area gave me an answer if it was a recommened dealer), so I decided to just push Gray with her trailer (Leira would be mocking me with this... she'd pull up next to me and then reverse) until I got back home and let my particular dealer take care of it.

So I get back home with no major issues (tip light came off several times), and take Gray to the dealer for the issue. I explained when I turned it in that the trailer module was a suspect. Week one, no word... called dealer: said they are replacing reverse actuator because that it what BUDS is saying. Week two, no word... called dealer: said they were replacing reverse button because that is what BUDS is saying. Week 2 few days later I called: part they ordered was wrong; they ordered for an SE-5 mine was a SM-5. Week 3 (today), no word... I called... guess... BUDS saying to replace TRAILER MODULE!!!

Here is my rant: I like my dealer... Mom & Pop shop, do pretty much anything for their customer (bought them 2 s for a reason). I understand they have to follow BRP procedure as to what BUDS is saying, but I think BRP should have alerted the dealer that other issues could be at place and order the other parts (reverse actuator, reverse button and trailer module). I mean... 3 weeks for an electrical issue?!?!?!

Your thoughts...