Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
It is not up to the manufacturer/dealer to figure this out for the guy. He must ante up with a promise to pay if they determine his MODS caused the problem or may have caused the problem. Only if it is clearly the manufacturer's fault, should they pay. Also, this sounds like an expensive repair, so I am leaving the dealer free of all liability on this one. Didn't buy it there; they didn't do the MODS; they need to get paid by someone (customer or manufacturer).

I think I have seen other people post on this FORUM they would not contemplate major MODS before the warranty runs out. Technically, any MODS might violate the agreement with the manufacturer. So he is behind the 8-ball to begin with based upon what he signed. The one fact no one is disputing is: he made MODS that affected the mechanical operation of his Spyder. That is not adding L.E.D.s to your Spyder.

P.S. If they can agree on doing the diagnosis with the customer paying the costs if the MODS may have contributed to his problem, I would get him to pay the estimate upfront. Just remember, my words are "may have contributed to his problem". They do not have to prove beyond a doubt his MODS didn't cause the problem - they are not responsible for figuring that out for him. He has to make his own case. He made the MODS not them.

..I work at a Dodge
dealership and have seen over fueling issues with controllers on the Cummins Diesels...Causes pistons to seize and cause all sorts of damage..Believe me,the manufacturer can decline warranty..But,it need dis-assembled first at customers possible expense as so eloquently stated above..
So during your time at dodge, When you had seized pistons, Did they have metal in the oil and botton end damage ? So what is a major mod ? First of as i have stated before i am not a mechanic, But to me a major mod would be making changes to internal components. please correct me if i'm wrong.