Having a GREAT time in Cuba... everyone is friendly... all the townsfolk are really happy to have us all...... so it's a great, positive experience.........

With one caveat......

The police are out in full force..... and last night (a Thursday evening), they set up a DUI checkpoint on 19..... exactly where most of us Spyder Ryders would be coming back from the party at the WildWood Lodge.

Last year they did this also.... but it was a Friday night.. and also was Prom night.

But this year... on a freaking THURSDAY? Seriously? REally???? Most here don't drink and ride. and those that do typically will have like 1 or 2 lite beers over the course of a few hours.

While I agree that drinking and driving is bad... emmmmkay...... I don't like checkpoints.... I feel they're profiling bikers and that's just wrong. They don't allow such checkpoints in Michigan.

Seems to me they were just trolling for extra $$$$. They had dozens of cops and cop cars set up to do this checkpoint...... and I think it fell flat for them as I have not heard of anyone getting busted.... so rather than taking in some $$$$ from drunk drivers... it seems the Cuba cops lost $$$ on this.

Hopefully they'll learn and not do this in the future.

Just my .02.

Otherwise--- I LOVE this town!