Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Electrical Problem

Hello Everyone,
    I got a question for a while i was getting a dead battery sign (2008 RS ) so i thought it would not hold a charge at all 2 days then dead so i bought a new battery thinking the battery was shot. to find out i still had the problem sometimes i could go a week and its fine sometimes the next day it wouldn't start. this went on for 6-7 months so i put a battery trickler (little JR.) and this seems to help out.
    Yesterday the bike wouldn't start and it was on the trickler for weeks. no dash light no nothing so i hooked up the battery charger and when i turned the key the dash lights lite up but the batterry logo flashes and say HIGH VOLTS then it goes into the dps and vss errors turn the key off and back on and i only get the HIGH VOLT alarm till i try to start the bike... i switch the relay 2 with the other one with no help i was going to buy a Voltage Reg. and try that i tested the battery and it says it was fully charged. i asked Mr. Lamoster and he must be busy. i thought this would be a quick answer from him seeing he is the GURU of spyders.. (wish i had all that info in my brain ... ) any how any help would be most appreciated..

Thanks In Advance

~Lizzard
    Last edited by Questions; 04-09-2012 at 07:22 PM.