budroquick release
has anyone installed a utopia back rest with the quick release connector ? is so please post your experience & opinion---Thanks Budro
My friend and I ordered the the utopia backrest with the quick out option. We got them on December 5th. My hubby installed mine in about 2 hours and 30 minutes of that was me saying..."are you sure that is where you need to cut?"

The next day he installed my friends.

One of the differences is that with the quick out, you do not get a "boot" to stick down as a guide to cut the seat with. We just used silver tape and made sure our measurements were right and put down the tape as a "boot" to cut between. This worked great.

The backrest looks like it came with the bike. New years eve was the first time I got to do more than a 30 minute ride with it. It made a huge difference to comfort. Best mod I've done.

Like the quick out, as when I drive and hubby is passenger...lets just say he needs more room than what is available with the backrest there.

We just pull the rest out, put it in the side bag and away we go. Absolutely love it.

Hope this helps.
Leslie