Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Should I enter it in a Boston Motorcycle show?

The KenMarv Boston Motocycle Expo show is being held in late January.
    Last year the only spyders were those of my dealer. About four delears i know of in Mass. My Dealer says they probably wont have any spyders at the show.

1. Should I enter my bike (Spyder 2010 RTS) ?
    ($50 entrance includes space and two wristband tickets)
    (Prizes are 100, 200 and 300$ in 3 various categories; 7 total winners)
    2. Setup on Friday, show on Sat and Sun. Use my Trailer in and out of Bayside Expo Center.
    3. My bike although it looks stock, actually has about 10 or so mods. Corbin, taillights, XM, Speakers, Lights, VoltMeter etc.

And if i do enter it, would it be best to figure out a way to power the bike electronics? I do have a 12v power source.(Disconnect battery, connect 12v and pay the extra $25 for AC power at the show).

I'm not saying my bike is competitive to other great bikes on SpyderLovers, I just happen to recognize that the likelyhood that another spyder in the contest is pretty slim at best. And I want to promote the uniqness of the Spyder. Not many Spyders up here in New England to begin with!

Advice? Or just fogettaboutit?
    Last edited by Sopher; 11-27-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.