I know there are a bunch of reasons let's hear them. For me:

I had ridden sport (VFR)and sporty (KZ, Nighthawk) and dirt bikes for many years.Eleven years ago I had an accident on my son's dirt bike, on father's day no less, and ended up breaking my neck. So next thing I know I am in the hospital paralyzed from my chest down. After surgery and a few months of rehab I was back walking and living a semi-normal life with residual issues. For the past few years I have been contemplating getting a trike since I am too weak to chance trying to support up a bike. The other main issue is the loss of dexterity in my hands. My right hand is unable to reach for a brake lever but I can still twist a throttle. :-) So the foot brake is a perfect solution for this, along with the ABS. I was hoping for the auto tranny to be available just to make things easier but I'm sure I'll manage.

My son is now 23 (me 45) and he rides a GSXR1000. I'm hoping the Spyder will allow us to enjoy the open road the way we did back in the day when I'd take him to school and he was the coolest kid hopping off the back of the VFR.

Seaya guys on the road someday...hopefully soon. :bigthumbsup: