Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default 2022 Ryker Rally - Rattle in Drive Shaft/Under Seat at Low RPM/Speed - any ideas?

Good evening everyone.

Purchased a 2022 Ryker Rally from my local dealer 05.04.2024 "New". After a 48-mile ride (Eco Mode Off), while going through a school zone on my way home I felt shaking and could hear rattling from under my seat. Got home and attempted to reproduce it and it wasn't difficult. It's consistent. It seems to happen only at low RPM's, below 2000 and 2400. The engine was at operating temp, idle about 850rpm and no visible physical interference in the area where I think the sound is coming from. Sort of difficult for me to pinpoint. Had my neighbor walk alongside me while recording for reference (please see link).

Note: This Rally was delivered to me after purchase. I contacted the dealership regarding this noise and they're coming to pick it up for inspection due to safety concerns tomorrow 05.07.2024. Thought maybe they allowed test drives on this unit or something, so I inquired about the 68 miles on it. My salesman explained to me this Ryker was lent to a school for training use.

https://youtu.be/jua5kJwr3qE

Anyways, I'm very nervous of my purchase now and possibly regretting it. I'm not sure if this is normal for the Ryker or possibly a mechanical issue related to this vehicle being used as a trainer, so I'd like to reach out to the community. Possibly one of you has experienced this and could explain it to me?

Please let me know if you need more details and I'll do my best to provide that.

Thank you for taking the time reading this,

Jason
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-06-2024 at 11:29 PM.