Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Anyone connected phone to GPS then Spyder then Helmet & use h/bar controls?

Hello,
    I currently use a phone connected via Bluetooth to a 2023 F3 Limited for streaming music and Google Maps directions. The Spyder is then connected to my Sena helmet via Bluetooth. These connections allow me to use the handlebar controls to change volume, skip songs, see what song is playing on my dash screen, see incoming calls on the dash and answer them. With this set-up, everything works perfectly without having to use the BRP Connect/Go engineering debacle.

I am considering buying a Garmin Zumo XT or XT2 to replace using the phone for directions, for better screen clarity in sunlight and to keep Google Maps from re-routing me to faster routes during a ride.

My question is... has anyone connected a phone via Bluetooth to the Zumo, then connect the Zumo (as a 'phone') to the Spyder, then connect the Spyder to their helmet while still being able to use the handlebar controls to change music volume, skip songs, see what song is playing on the dash, and answer phone calls? I am trying to avoid purchasing a Garmin only to return it if this connection method doesn't work.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-06-2024 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)