Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default 2009 GS SM5, running roughly after oil change - any ideas?

Hello all,

Working on a spyder for my coworker who isn't very mechanically inclined. Bike has been sitting for maybe about a year. (Minnesota weather) When I picked it up from him the battery was dead, replaced it with a brand new battery and noticed check engine light was on. Code-P0520 figured possibly due to needing fresh oil and filter.

Bike idled fine, drove fine, got to operating temp and then pulled her into the garage. Drained oil and refilled following the factory service manual. Went to start up, rough idle and code still hanging in there. Triple checked filter installation, compared to factory before installing so 99% sure that's not the issue. Bought the kit from Bajaron, already have 4Qts in the bike, no level showing on dipstick though. (Not at operating temperature due to only running short periods until problem solved) No leaks so ruled that out.

I've ordered a new OEM oil pressure sensor, anything else to try/test? After some digging here I tried lightly blipping the throttle but was met with misfire? or rougher running conditions.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Jman; 04-30-2024 at 06:59 AM.