Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Wink Replaced the OEM battery on my 2021RTL (Pic)

Posting strictly to keep my post count respectable = :)

Have had some battery flat issues in the past, always chalked them up to listening to the radio with the motor off. Also, have taken the OEM battery to a knowledgeable battery purveyor in the past to do a load test with positive results but, the ultimate finally happened, she just wouldn’t respond to float charging any longer. FWIW I stopped at the local Can Am dealer first, to give them my business (Purchasing a new battery). For those unaware, Jake (Me) bought this RT and the Ryker I Had from Cycle Zone Powersports in Topeka Can-ass. Great dealer IMNSHO. Every transaction I’ve had with them went smoothly so, if you’re looking to buy new or used Can Am, look no further. They are a small dealer (compared to the big conglomerate dealers) yet they move quite a few units through their doors. Service is top notch too. Anyways, went to the Can Am dealer in Ocala Fla. to buy a battery and almost had a heart attack when the parts guy told me the cost was $225 for a new OEM battery. I’ve done plenty of business with the previous dealership proprietor, but these new guys always hit me with absurd prices for just about everything. Last purchase made there was a part for my Ryker. Can’t recall exactly what the part was but the price was $25 and didn’t seem unreasonable at the time. Needless to say, but I didn’t purchase the battery from them. I thanked them none the less and was able to leave despite an overly aggressive floor salesman plying his craft on me. I told the salesman he’d have a chance with me if only they carried Royal Enfield, I’ve had the hots for the 650 Super Meteor & if the right deal came along, I’d snatch one up in a heartbeat. I’m not going to live forever and at 67 years of age, there’s a few more motorcycles to find their way into my garage before I expire. Anywho,

So I picked up this brand of battery from a local auto parts store, after inquiring to availability & price. They had several in stock, price after taxes paid was $113 & change. It has 340 cold cranking Amps. After installing and using it for several weeks, I couldn’t be happier. Not that anyone asked but, I bought this RT new in August 2021. There’s approx 7100 miles on the odometer. Yes! I need to ride more, further, longer. Cretin Girl is ridden literally every day, but mostly on the homestead and local runs into town (about 15 miles each way). This RT has been very reliable. Only real money I've put into her was for a new set of front tires (Quatracs), and I only bought the tires after stupidly riding on a flat front (left front tire) for 3 miles home… that episode ruined the OEM tire. Never touched the tarmac with the rim so I guess that tire did its job, & it was done for thereafter.

Best,

Jake
    Reddick, Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy Childhood
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2024 at 08:00 AM.
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black