Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Intermittent issues - parking brake fails to release - any thoughts, comments, fixes?

I have a 2016 F3T with top case. I have replaced tires, brake pads, and battery for the riding season. I have 61k miles on the bike and do everything I can without BUDS.
    My problem is the brake has started not releasing. Three times I got home and tried to push it into the garage; but couldn't. The first time I was able to release it by working the switch back and forth. 2 other times removing the key for 5 to 10 minutes worked (puts a damper when riding with friends tho!) Another time I had to remove the key overnight.

Last Sat, I lubed and loosened the cable a little, I also unplugged the motor while it was locked and jumped it out to a spare battery and the motor was working fine.

So that leads me to think it is either the switch on the Left handlebar; the switch on the motor drive wheel; or it's in the computer.
    The Handlebar module is a complete unit that costs $500 (OEM parts); the Motor and drive wheel is $100 (ebay).

I've read a Lot of the threads. Any thoughts, comments, or experiences?

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-04-2024 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase