Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
Thank you for providing that LINK .... I read everything Dunlop / HD had to say about that tire ..... What they didn't mention is more important than what they said .... Let me explain it this way - decades ago a friend wanted to put an HD / Dunlop tire on His HD cruiser ( I don't recall the model, but it only had TWO wheels ) He took it in to His dealer ( where He had bought His HD ) and told them He wanted to put the Dunlop tire from the Trike on the rear of His HOG .... they told Him they couldn't LEGALLY do that because the BEADS on the wheels DID NOT MATCH.... Two wheel Mtc's DO NOT have " J " type rim beads ..... only Auto/car wheels have " J " style beads...... Mike

ITS NOT THE RIM ITS THE TIRE! I don’t give a dam about the rim as that is not what we run on. It’s the rubber and how it sticks to the road that counts. Traction is very important and the heavier the vehicle the harder the rubber compound has to be and therefore the longer the tire lasts. Sport bike tires barely get 6k before they’re worn out.
Spyders are pretty much the heaviest of motorcycles but not heavy enough for the harder car tires. Spyder have extremely sensitive traction sensors and it’s why many rider experience limp home mode.

Putting a car tire on a 2 wheeler is questionable as 2 wheelers ride the way they do BECAUSE of their ability to corner by leaning. I’ve known quite a few that tried it and found out it ruins the ride and are honest enough to admit it was a stupid idea. I’ve known 2 that lost their Wings because of an accident (one was due to the tire, one not) and the insurance didn’t pay out.

The bottom line is most Spyder owners have no motorcycle experience and are surprised at how much it costs to own/operate a motorcycle.