Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Venting about Tire wear and alignment...

Debated on posting or not posting this. I am a casual member of this forum, so I don't post anything unless I have something to contribute. By the time I read most posts they have been answered by people that have more knowledge about these bikes than I do. Anyway, I got my bike laser aligned by a member of this board. I will not call him out but if he wants to contribute to this thread, he is welcome. After having this done, I took a three-thousand-mile trip to Colorado and back. Now I have to say this is my first (Spyder 2017 RT Limited), so I have no previous experience on how they are supposed to handle. Been on two wheels for 40 plus years and only got the Spyder due to age. Trip out seemed ok just twitchy. Trip back was Hell. Could not get over 60 and hold on to bike. First noticed wear on the tires in New Mexico when I sat down on the curb to clean grass and bugs from the radiator screens. Ok so I made it back to my wife's father's home in Greeneville TN and the tire was showing cord. Decided to leave bike there and have wife come get me. Meantime I rode up to BajaRon's (only 10 blocks away) and have the bike looked at. Daniel came out to look at it and found the nuts loose on the right tie rod. The inside nut was backed off and the outside was finger tight. I drove back to Greenville the following Friday with my trailer to get the bike and took it up to BajaRon's and got two new front tires. I would have had them do an alignment too but they are not set up yet to do them. Bike now sits on my trailer in the garage waiting for a dealer north of me to give me an appt. for front end aligned. I am not sure the reason for my post is other than to let me vent and to say know your bike and who you are dealing with. I have attached pics of the tires before and after. The right wore bad across the tread and really bad inside. The left wore all the way across the tread as in scrubbing. Oh, and I add the person that did this looked the bike over and commented on its good condition. Thanks20230807_161743.jpg20230807_161930.jpg
    Last edited by Ddub; 09-08-2023 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)