Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Ltd - ACS - should I Disable it before it fails?

I purchased a used 2014 Spyder RT Limited with 8889 miles and the ACS system works and the previous owner stated that she never had a problem with it. (Solo Rider).

My question is, knowing that the ACS system in 2014 have high failure rates, would any of you longtime owners disable it and strictly go to manual operation by unplugging the compressor, capping the check valve, and unplugging the solenoid then manually setting the air pressure to 60psi? Or what preventive steps should I take, like replacing the check valve periodically, and testing for leaks once a year before riding season? What are your thoughts &/or what preventive measures are you taking to make sure this system does not fail?

Another question, can you disable the ACS System using BUDS Software, and then set the pressure manually? Can doing this mean not having to physically unplug and cap the check valve?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-28-2023 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question; + ? clarity... ;-)
    14 RT Limited , Silver