Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Georgia to Alaska - 2023

I just completed a ride from my home in Atlanta, Georgia to Alaska on my 2021 F3 Limited with two friends who purchased and rode Adventure bikes just for this trip.

Here are just a few highlights and trip stats...

* Left on June 19th and returned on July 28th... 10,400 miles in 40 days
    * Stayed in 33 different hotels... 3 nights in 1 and 2 nights in 3 others
    * Drove through 11 states, 2 Canadian Provence's (Alberta and British Columbia) and 1 Territory (Yukon). Drove through the capital on each in Canada.
    * Only had 2 days of any real rain and only one bad storm which was extremely lucky.
    * Crossed into Canada in Sweetgrass on the way up and drove the entire length of the Alaskan Highway (AlCan) 1.422 miles.
    * Spent a week in Alaska and returned via the Top of the World Highway and crossed back in Roosville.
    * Probably rode about 200 miles on dirt roads or gravel. Had to go much slower than the Adventure bikes but the spyder performed great.
    * Had 2 minor service issues with the Adventure Bikes. All 3 needed complete service and new tires sometime during the trip. In hindsight I should have started with all new tires to start with but found a great service shop in Whitehorse, Yukon to do the service and new tires. Roads are very rough in parts of Canada and Alaska so they eat through tires quickly.
    * We each carried Camping gear in case of emergency but never used it.
    * I carried 2 one gallon RotoPax gas cans, but never needed it. I took the passenger pegs off and made a bracket for the rotopax.
    * Also carried a Zoleo satellite messenger but thankfully never need that either.
    * Given how remote some of the areas were I would still carry all 3 emergency items if I did it again.
    * Carried a GoPro so have tons of video and pictures of the trip

This was a once in a lifetime trip for me given I am 71, but still plan on doing a lot of smaller trips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 F3 Limited