Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am has a secret weapon to increase and add riders to their family!

Yes, there is a well, not exactly a secret, but a wonderful thing that Cam Am has been doing for years, which is the Can Am riding events held at dealerships and other events. I was vaguely aware of these events but had never thought about attending one because I already had a 2009 can am spyder that I have been riding for years.

Well, my 2009 RS has been a great ride, but I am seeing that I might need to investigate getting a newer version of spyder to keep riding. However, I didn’t know if I wanted to get a Ryker, an RT or an F3 version. I signed up for a local Can Am riding event this weekend and I am glad I did it! Yesterday I got to try out the Ryker, the F3 and the RT. The event was held in Bono, Arkansas and sponsored by Jonesboro Cycle and ATV. They have built a huge new facility in Bono, AR, which is beautiful.

It was a wonderful opportunity to experience the newest version of the Can Am on road units and to learn more about their features and benefits. I was impressed by the quality and performance of the vehicles, as well as the professionalism and hospitality of the staff. These vehicles have come a long way since the 2009 model.

I will give a quick rundown on my experiences with each unit for anyone who is looking to buy one (but I urge you to attend a riding event too). First, the Ryker. I thought I might like it because I mostly do day rides with friends and no long tours. No Ryker for me! I didn’t like the feel of it the minute I sat on it. To low, too small and hard of a seat, and uncomfortable! But everyone is different, another rider at this event loved it. The F3 was much better, but different from my RS. I sat lower with my feet forward. I think I could get used to it, but I did miss the ability to stand up while riding or stopped at a red light to take pressure off my butt. The RT was the most comfortable ride out of the three I was on. That was mostly due to the large floorboards that allowed me to shift my legs from underneath me to way out front during the ride. I will have to think about my riding experience this weekend and I am grateful for the chance to ride all three units to help with my decision on my next ride.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Jonesboro Cycle and ATV for hosting the Can Am riding event at their new facility in Bono, AR. I believe these events held all over the country do make a difference and a positive experience to attract new riders to our Can Am family.
    Last edited by drhunt204; 07-09-2023 at 03:46 PM.