Threaded View

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hit a Buck last night...

I was just finishing my spring maintenance for the spring and just spent the last couple of weeks prepping for the summer.

New wilbers shocks to get the wife on the road with me, check. Changed the oil, check. Changed the front tires, check. Just finished changing all of the brake pads late last night around midnight and was supposed to go to Hanover today to drop it off for the alignment but I wanted to Sinter the brakes as it was supposed to be raining this morning and didn't want to drive there without sintering the pads in wet weather. So I went out on a local back road that nobody is on so I could speed up and brake hard without "alarming" anyone that late at night.

As I am speeding up and slowing down on my last run as I start to speed up I was passing a house with a panel truck in the driveway and a deer runs out from behind it in front of me, sees me and tries to jump as I nail the brakes.

I somewhat stopped in time but clipped his legs with the front end at the final stop, front legs on the left side and back legs on the right side of the frunk in the air and the frunk lifts him up and falls over on his side with his head and antlers coming down hard on my left fender breaking the fender and inner cover and bending the support.

I was able to break off the broken pieces and bend the support by hand enough to clear the tire to get it home safely and it rode like nothing happened.

Other than the frunk being tight to open which I think the locking pin and hinge was bent from his weight I really see no other damage than the fender.

I called up to hanover this morning to tell them I would not be in due to the accident and they helped me out with ordering the damaged parts so I can replace it myself before bringing it in for them to look over before doing the alignment.

IMG_20230401_002325694.jpg IMG_20230401_002402500.jpg
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 04-01-2023 at 09:53 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black